Chapter 42:

I'm back! And I'm seriously running on four sodas as I just got out of a 20 hour car ride home.... So this chapter will be pretty short... ENJOY!

~Nicole xx

Harmony's POV:

I picked up a crying baby and sat in the usual spot; the wooden rocking chair the corner. I rubbed Melody's cheeks with my thumb to calm her down.

It was been a easy few days since the appointment. I ate four times what I should, peed every five minutes, slept, and helped Riker out with Melody. I still hadn't decided whether or not I would be adopting her. I didn't understand why he would want to give up being her father. I mean in a way, he still would be, but legally not. I still wasn't sure if I could take care of two babies at one time. Beau was going to need my full attention, knowing Rocky, he might flake, and I want My baby to grow up with a happy life.

I sighed and put Melody back in her crib. I watched and smiled as he reached out for the blanket, and wrapped it around herself.

Smart kid.

I began to slump into bed until I heard a slam and I froze, listening again for yet another thump. Once I heard it again and sensing something was wrong, I held Melody locked the door from the inside out.

"Riker hey. I need some help."

******

Riker's POV:

"Relax Harm, it's all okay. I'll check around though, if it will make you happy."

I hung up the phone and finished my cereal (yes, I was eating at 2am) and walked around the house. I expected to find nothing but as I came closer to the hallway between the baby's room and the boys rooms, I could feel my heart bend.

Something was wrong. I could feel it.

"Harmony stay put." I said, glancing around the hallway.

"hey babe." I felt a cool hand against my back.

Jade.

"What are you doing here?" I snarled, my teeth grinding.

She smirked, "I've come for the baby."

"You can't have her. Your not stable enough."

He titled her head back and smiled, "see that's where you are wrong. I am legally able to take my child, I am the mother."

"I'm taking you to court." I told her, the words cut my soul. I never thought I would be saying this to the woman i love.......

Loved.

"Go ahead, but I want my baby."

"No!"

She sighed and reached into her black, skin tight suit and pulled out a gun.

"What are you doing with that?" I asked Jade, eyeing her and the gun. Her black finger nails rested I the trigger.

"Kill you." She Looked over and saw the babies room, "Actually, I think I am going to kill that slut."

"JADE STOP!" She kicked in the door and smiled as Harmony's eyes went big and her skin went pale.