My Hot CEO Chapter 16:

Photo of Maliah on the side -->

Eleanor's only with Daniel now, Justin's out of the picture.

After Blake and I had lunch yesterday, we went straight home seeing as I wasn’t in the mood. He insisted we go get a mani pedi and have a day to ourselves, but all I did was go straight to my room and change out of my work attire. After that I just jumped straight into bed and slept the day away. I was tired from the night before and the day’s events with Justin got me even sleepier.

I walk into work the next day wanting nothing more than to see Daniel. He replied to my text but I could tell he wasn’t alright. So right now I’m on my way to his office with some breakfast and a coffee.

I knocked on his door and heard a faint come in. I opened the door and closed it behind me quietly. He looked up and I could see the bags under his eyes from here.

I frowned and walked towards his desk. "Hey," I whispered.

He got up and moved from around his desk to pull me in for a hug. I put down his breakfast and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"How did everything go?" I whisper in his ear.                                       

"Terrible," he breathed in my neck causing me to shiver.

"Are you okay?"

He squeezed me tighter and buried his head into the crook of my neck. He kissed it lightly causing the hairs on the back of my neck to stand up.

"No." He mumbled.

I nodded and knew that he really didn’t want to talk right now. I sat him on his chair and sat in his lap, not breaking the hug. I played with the ends of his hair and massaged his scalp. He sighed contently, and relaxed he’s tensed muscles.

We just sat there for a few minutes in each other’s embrace not needing words.

He pulled back and stroked my cheek. I closed my eyes and let out a deep breath. He leaned forward and I opened my eyes to see him puckering his lips for a kiss. I smiled and leaned in the rest of the way to connect our lips in a kiss.

He breathed out through his nose and pulled my chest against his.

I moved my lips against his and ran my fingers through his hair.

He tilted his head to the side for better access and I followed in pursuit.

I bit on his lip and he moaned pulling back from the kiss to put his forehead on mine. “I missed you,” he whispered.

"I miss you too," I whisper with a smile.

He gave me a half smile and ran his fingers through my hair causing me to shiver in utter bliss. I love when somebody plays with my hair. “How’s my favourite intern doing?”

"Good now that her boss is back." I smirk.

He bites his bottom to hold back his smile and my stomach flutters at that sight.

"Danny?" I whisper with a frown.

He looks up at my face and sighs. “She’s doing alright, El. She was just a little scared and when she came home my mom went all skit-so on her like the dramatic woman she is.”

I laughed softly and nodded in understanding. “What happened yesterday while you were away?”

"We just had a family breakfast and tried to bond. Key word, tried." He rolls his eyes. I giggle causing him to crack a smile. "We discussed everything and now my mom’s all good with Charlotte and well you know my dad. He is never mad at her."