My Hot CEO Chapter 18:

Blake and I were moving furniture around in our new office. It had been two days since the article was published and put on the stands for people to take a read. So far my article was doing really well for the magazine and Victoria was happy about that.

I got a text and put down the duster in my hand. Reaching into my pocket I retrieve my phone and my heart skips a beat at the name. I gulp hard and put my code in to read it.

I read the article as soon as it was published. –Justin

I took a deep breath and hesitantly typed back. I wanted to know what he thought about it despite our problems.

Oh, yeah? What’d you think? –Eleanor

He didn’t reply as fast as I wanted him to and I was getting anxious on what he's response would be.

My text tone went off and my eyes darted to my phone. My eyes widen at how large the text was.

Honestly Eleanor, it was better than I thought it would be. I don’t allow interviews because all they do is twist your words along with the truth and make it into something it’s not. You however took the whole interview down word for word and wrote it exceptionally. I also liked the paragraphs you wrote on me. Over all it was amazing, you’re amazing. –Justin

My hands got clammy and my phone almost slipped out of my hands. Texting him, my hearts pounding in my chest and I’m acting it as if my crush is texting me. When Daniel texts me I get excited but I don’t get as nervous as I do whilst texting Justin. Why does he have this effect on me?

I reread the message and smiled at his words. I’m actually really happy he liked it because I thought he would have something to say like he always does.

I decided to keep it short and sweet.

I’m really glad you like it, Justin. And thank you it means a lot. Were you okay with the photos I chose? –Eleanor

I looked over at Blake for a moment to see him humming a tune whilst unpacking our boxes. My text tone snaps my gaze away from him and makes me look back down at my phone.

Yes, surprisingly I did. I was actually quite bummed that I didn’t get to choose the ones that I preferred but your choice was fine. I’m sure all the women who read the article will be fine with it also. –Justin 

I roll my eyes letting a little giggle escape my mouth. He’s such an arrogant bastard.

Well I’m happy with your response on the article and glad you approve of it. Enjoy the rest of your day, Mr. Bieber. –Eleanor

I didn’t want to drag along the conversation anymore and thought I should stop at that. If we kept talking he wouldn’t stop and would bring up what happened. He might even tell me he saw me at Slices yesterday and I don’t wanna hear what he thinks about seeing me with Daniel. It isn’t he’s business anymore.

My text tone goes off and I sigh picking my phone back up.

I’m guessing you still don’t wanna talk to me. Look Eleanor I just really want you to know how sorry I am that you saw that. It was wrong of me to invite a woman to my office when I had another one on the way. –Justin

I don’t know why my heart sinks when I think of that day. It actually hurts thinking about it. I really wish he would have kept it simple with a goodbye, but of course he has to be his usual complicated self.

I squeezed my phone in my hand and pressed the top button on my iPhone to lock it. I don’t want to talk to him about it. This conversation will only get me angry and cause me to talk to him more, which I don’t want to do. I was serious when I said I wanted to cut off all contact with him. I only replied in the first place because it was work related.