Coming Out Pt.2

***18+ only! Read at your own risk. Mature content ahead!

When they got home, they both sat on the bed and held hands as Arthit dialed his mom with his other hand.

"Hello, mom?" 

"Arthit, how are you?"

"I'm good, mom. And you?" Arthit's heart felt like it would burst out of his chest and run out the door. The hand gripping Kongpob's became sweaty and clammy as he got more and more nervous. Why couldn't this be easier?

"I'm fine, darling. Why are you calling? Are you alright?"

"I'm fine. I'm calling cause I've been wanting to tell you something."

"What is it?" his mother's voice sounded concerned and Arthit breathed in deeply.

"Mom, I'm dating someone."

"Really? That's wonderful! Hey Aroon, your son is dating!" Arthit's mom called out to Arthit's father. 

"Dad's there?" Arthit asked nervously. He was hoping to do this one at a time, but could see that this was probably the best way.

"Yeah, let me put you on speaker." 

"Mom and dad, I've been dating this person for 5 years. I wasn't brave enough before, but now I'm not afraid and I want your blessing."

"What? Why would you wait so long to tell us. Who is this?" This came from his father who had been listening with a frown.

"His name is Kongpob. He's a junior from school. He's here with me."

"He?" both of his parents asked with shocked voices.

"Yes." Arthit's voice was small and tears started streaming down his face silently as he tried his best to not fall apart. Kongpob wiped his tears and clutched him against his chest. Arthit's hand trembled and he sniffled as he tried to control himself.

"Arthit, are you there?" his mother was saying. 

"Yeah, mom." His voice was nasally from the sniffling. 

"Son, why didn't you tell us before? Is he why you haven't been home in a long time? Is he forcing you to hide over there?" Arthit's father demanded in an angry voice.

"Actually, he's been the one hiding me. We've both been so afraid, but we're gonna go for it. We love each other and we want your blessing."

"Who is this?" Aroon demanded.

"I'm Kongpob. It's nice to meet you, Mr. Rojnapat." 

"Are you guys sure you want to do this? This will be very difficult for you." 

"Dad, we know. I've decided to only care about my loved ones and what they think." Arthit's chin came up defiantly and he stiffened his back as he waited for the response of his parents.

"Arthit, come home. And bring your...friend. We'll support you. We miss you. Please come visit." This came from his mom. Her hesitation was painful, but her response was encouraging. Once again fate had smiled at Arthit and for the second time in a day he let air out from his mouth and let his body relax with relief. 

Kongpob smiled brightly at Arthit and Arthit squeezed his hand. 

"Mom, we'll come by soon. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I love you."

"We love you, too. See you soon. Goodbye, Kongpob."

"Goodbye, Mrs. Rojnapat. I look forward to meeting you."

"At least you found one with better manners than you." Arthit's mom said. 

"Mom!" Arthit said indignantly.