III

„Hey Jungkook, could you please get the box with the label »JM« from the basement for me?"

Jungkook sighed but nodded nevertheless. He reluctantly started walking downstairs, already feeling drained just thinking about all the stairs he will have to climb up again.

The elevator didn't work because it has been out of order for a while. Apparently, someone was able to cut off the energy to the elevator. The security guards have yet to figure out who manadged to do it and fix it. They can't just have random people walking around their new home, sabotaging everything and anything. It could be a murderer or crazy saesangs for all they knew.

While walking downstairs he had to put his hands against the wall to hold himself up.

Not so long ago, he once again made the mistake of running too fast and not looking where he was going. This resulted in him tripping over some pebbles and face planting directly into the pavement.

He got bruises littering his body and muscle pain on every other part.

Of course, everyone noticed, but no one really mentioned it.

As Jungkook arrived in the basement, he looked around, not bothered enough to turn on the lights. He was going to leave soon enough.

After some time of searching he finally found the box Jimin was looking for. It was a little bit heavier than expected but why would he complain? He agreed to help his hyung, he couldn't back out of it now.

Not now when he already found the box.

It was about the size of a microwave so it shouldn't have been a problem. But the weight and his current physical condition made it a bit harder than it really was.

With a bit of struggle he hoisted the box onto his left shoulder, holding it with his left hand from the top and securing it with his right hand from the front.

Every step he took got heavier and heavier. He felt his energy draining and sweat crawling down his temple.

His breathing sped up and he felt exhausted even though he was not even halfway up.

This normally didn't happen but he normally also never had to carry boxes in this kind of condition all the way up the stairs.

But as much as he wanted to, he couldn't give up now. He couldn't call himself the Golden Maknae if he gave up so easily.

If he had to be honest, he was ready to just collapse and never wake up again.

That's how he felt. He felt like a fish who stranded on a beach on a very very hot summer day without any chance of survival. Still twitching around and trying to survive, only to dry out soon after due to the sun and heat.

But instead of being a fish, he was an angel who did not know how to fly.

His beautiful snow white wings were ripped off of him the moment he started lying to his hyungs and degrading himself as not worth their worry.

Now he lives as a human, trying to survive his everyday life without having people worrying about him.

He slowed down a little bit to lean on the wall so that he wouldn't fall over again.

And even if he did fall over eventually, he was glad that his group members wouldn't be there to witness him being weak.

That's the very last thing he wanted.

When he got to the very top of the stairs, he was sweating buckets, breathing heavily and mentally hoping, that no one would see him in this state.

As fast as he could, he ran over to Jimin's room, carefully put the box down and softly knocked on the door before hurrying to his own room.

He quickly stepped into his room and closed the door, not forgetting to lock it.

He leaned against the wooden door and tried to calm down.

His heart was beating at an unusual pace and he slowly realized that he was trembling really badly.

Black spots appeared in his vision, causing him to squeeze his eyes shut for some seconds.

He slowly opened his eyes again only to see everything spinning. Looking at his shaking hands, he remembered the first time this happened.

At that time, he was also in his room, completely alone. There was no one to cry to and no one to call for help. Jungkook always had to bear the pain alone.

He slowly slid to the floor, his back still leaning on the door. He clenched his fist but he couldn't feel anything. Nothing at all.

Everything went numb. His body, his mind.

And then, everything turned black.

_________________________________________________

That was it, for now.

From now on, it could take some time for me to update the chapters because I'll be graduating soon and still have a lot of stuff to do before I actually graduate.

So I hope you can be patient for a little while. I'll try to update as soon as possible.

Love, Ahlpa ♥

PS

Stream »Fake Love«. We are breaking records right now! Such a piece of art deserves to be acknowledged by the whole world ♥♥♥