VIII

Dance practice didn't exactly go... as planned. Well, that is if you look at it from the hyungs' perspective.

Jungkook wasn't as surprised or even disappointed. He already saw it coming.

They were going to be practicing for their appearance on the BBMAs in about a week.

Not only were they nominated for Top Social Artist, but they're also going to be having their comeback stage there. And in all honesty: that's a huge deal.

That's why they had to train like there was no tomorrow. Jungkook's dream, his hyung's dream, BTS' dream of performing at the BBMAs was finally coming true, and they'd never forgive themselves if they were to mess up even a little part of their performance. It was a massive step for them and the KPop Industry.

And today they were supposed to go through the whole choreography to make sure that everyone knew their steps by heart.

But their manager and their dance teacher aka Song Hobeom and Son Sung Deuk had other plans. Well, they changed it last minute... so let's just say that no one knew what they were doing.

Instead of having BTS dance everything dozens of times without break like they usually would. They decided to take it easy.

Their reason being that they didn't want to put too much pressure on the boys.

But that was only half the truth. The other reason was that they didn't want the maknae to pass out on them, which could happen pretty soon if they continued.

So it went like this:

When the rest of the members entered the practice room, they were greeted by unexpected silence.

Of course, the staff members were still doing their work, and their choreographer was still hovering over his laptop, but it was somewhat quieter than usual.

With confused expressions, they went deeper inside the room, only to look around and halt their gazes at the one person who seemed to be the reason for this unusual silence.

The person didn't exactly make everything go silent on purpose, but everyone else came to the silent agreement to be quiet for the person's sake.

The person we are talking about was none other than Golden Maknae Jeon Jungkook.

He fell asleep not long before the members arrived. He was continually bobbing his head up and down before snapping it up again until he finally gave in and fell asleep.

Some staff members recorded the adorable process of him falling asleep, and it was already evident that without a doubt, ARMYs will love it. But it was still unclear when they would actually publish it. Or whether they would publish it at all.

While Jungkook looked peaceful and completely relaxed, the dark circles under his eyes and his sickly pale skin testified another story.

„Should we wake him up?"

„I don't know. Are we supposed to?"

„We gotta wake him up at some point anyway."

„If I can't sleep, he can't sleep either."

Sighing at Yoongi's statement, Jin walked up to their Maknae and shook him slightly.

„Hey, Jungkookie," he whispered softly, scared that he would startle the younger if he spoke too loudly. „Wakey wakey, sunshine. We gotta practice. You wouldn't want to miss practice; do you?"

But Jungkook wouldn't budge. He was too deep in the dream world to notice anything.

After a while, Jin gave up trying to wake up the younger and just walked back to the others, shrugging.

Everyone looked at each other before brushing it off. They turned around and were about to walk towards Mr. Sun when Namjoon ignored the fact that there was a vanity case right in front of hfis feet. Now guess what happened next.

That's right. God of destruction is back.

Not only did he trip over the case. No. He also broke it during the process of falling.

He couldn't just trip over it like any other person. Of course, he had to get stuck with his foot somehow and rip the case open in a weird way, resulting in half of it being torn off and all the beauty products sliding all over the dance floor.

This also resulted in everyone flinching from the sudden noise coming directly from hell. But one person, in particular, got startled so bad that he even fell off of his chair.

Unfortunately, he fell on his back, which was still aching from him lying passed out at his door the other day.

He hissed in pain as he felt his back coming into contact with the stone hard dance floor. That didn't go unnoticed.

Many people noticed, including the staff members and of all people in this room, only one of the members; Taehyung.

While everyone else was fussing over RM, who was slowly getting up and apologizing to their stylists, Tae walked up to Kook, crouching down to his height and looking at him, worry written all over his face.

„You alright there, buddy?"

It took the younger a little bit too long to react, but he did say that everything was fine afterward.

He even asked whether RM was alright and whether he was hurt.

Everyone watching, Taehyung included, could only do so much as sigh and shake their heads at Jungkook because of how unnecessarily selfless he was acting yet again.

Who could even do that for this long?

But what no one saw was the happiness Jungkook was feeling at that very moment. Joy, because Taehyung cared.

His hyung cared.

There you have it! They care!

How are you so sure about that?

His biggest mistake was to talk to the voice inside his head. But he will only come to that realization later on. Later on, when it's already too late.

Mr. Sun, who appeared out of nowhere directly next to the two youngest, started clapping while shaking his head in disapproval.

No one knew what he actually wanted to achieve with that, but at least he got everyone's attention.

It was dead silent, and everyone was staring at the choreographer who just nodded, satisfied with the earned attention.

„Let's start, shall we? We can't have people tripping over more objects."

Muffled chuckles and giggles were heard while Namjoon went red in embarrassment, cheeks burning and gaze directed to the floor.

„But's instead of going crazy, let's take it a little bit lighter this time."

Slightly confused by this statement, Hoseok slowly raised his hand. „I'm sorry, but what exactly does that mean? Aren't we going to practice for the BBMAs?"

„Yes, of course you are. But wouldn't you rather rest for a while? I'm sure your bodies would like the small change."

And this ended up with them on the floor, on yoga mats, doing exactly that: yoga.

________________

AAAAAJDDIJSJSKSKA 1K READS! 💜
Thank you guys so much!

It's the first ever milestone for this story and this just made me really really happy!
Thank you!

And I said it already in a previous chapter, but did y'all see the rankings for this book? Like, I'm starting to doubt that those are even real or legit. Just look at them and you'll know what I mean.

That was pretty much everything I had to say.

Love you guys 💜

Till next time!

Love, Ahlpa ♥