V

When Jungkook made his way to his bedroom, he was slightly swaying, and everything was spinning.

His head still throbbed, and he really did feel like a fish in a desert.

How did he forget to take a bottle of water with him? Was he in such a rush to get out of there?

The first thing he did when he arrived in his room was to lock the door so that no one could sneak in on him.

As fast as he could, he threw off his clothes, only leaving staying in his boxers on before tiredly stumbling to his bed.

He was freezing. He felt like he could freeze water just by touching the surface. But when his body hit the mattress, he started to sweat even more than before.

Taking a shower was something he always enjoyed. It relaxed him and his body and gave him time to review the whole day. But today, he just decided to shower tomorrow instead because he couldn't move right now, even if he wanted to. Every part of his body just felt extremely heavy.

That also included his eyelids, causing him to close his eyes and fall into darkness immediately. Lucky enough, he did not turn the lights on when he got into his room.

Everything was dark. When did he wake up? Jungkook sat up and looked around, but he couldn't see anything. His usually warm and cozy room suddenly felt so unfamiliar. So cold. So empty.

He slowly stood up and approached the door. Was he imagining things or did the way to the door feel longer than usual?

He opened the door with his slightly trembling hand only to be met with silence and darkness once again. At the end of the hallway and down the stairs, he saw a faint light. Without thinking twice, he made his way to it to find out what it was.

It was their living area. They couldn't call it a living room anymore because it was the size of an ordinary apartment. Perks of having such a sweet and kindhearted CEO. They never asked to live in one of the most expensive buildings in Seoul, even though they secretly adored it to a new level of adoration.

But why did it look so strangely different now? He looked around and came face to face with the pictures they put on the walls. He stepped closer and then he saw it.

In the pictures, in every single picture, Jungkook was missing. None of the photographs included him. But he was sure he could remember being in every single one of them. Something inside of him stirred. A shiver ran down his spine. He felt extremely dizzy all of a sudden.

He looked around a little more and recognized his members sitting on the couch, cuddling and taking care of a seemingly sick Park Jimin.

The young vocalist walked closer to the scene and stayed as silent as possible.

Why haven't they noticed him yet?

„Jiminie, do you feel any better?" Hoseok asked.

The addressed mochi just shook his head no and tried to suppress a coughing fit. He failed miserably.

Yoongi carefully patted his back, hoping that his dongsaeng would stop coughing his lungs out.

As Jimin calmed down, Jin handed him a glass of water. But instead of thanking him, the smaller one just asked:

„What about Jung-"

But before he could even form the question, he was rudely interrupted by Namjoon. „He'll manage. Don't worry about him."

He'll manage? Is that what they think whenever he told them not to worry?

„Yeah, he is the Golden Maknae. He can take care of himself."

So he can take care of himself just because he is golden? Does that mean they don't care?

„He doesn't need our worries or help anyway; he is strong even without us."

Without Jungkook noticing, silent tears were streaming down his usually childlike face.

„He'd deny every kind of help anyway. So why even bother?"

He shouldn't have felt any hurt, considering that he always told them not to worry about him. But why did he feel like his heart was being ripped out of his chest at every word leaving their mouths?

„It's pointless asking him. He'll be fine either way."

How come he felt so cold all of a sudden. Why wouldn't his body move?

„Guys..." he called out under his breath, the word coming out more helpless than intended. He sounded exactly how he felt.

"Guys." he tried a little louder, more desperate this time.

They didn't seem to hear him. Or they were flatly ignoring his presence.

Jungkook opened his mouth to try calling them yet again, but nothing would come out.

His lips were quivering, and his eyes were burning.

His hands were trembling while his whole body was frozen.

He felt cold and hot at the same time.

Suddenly he heard a voice talking to him. It was faint. Too faint to understand. But it got louder with every attempt of deciphering what it said.

Jungkook knew that it was a male's voice, but he didn't know whose. He didn't understand a single word the voice said, even though it was so clearand loud.

He looked around bewildered, trying to find out where that voice came from. His gaze stilled at the stairs. Eyes wide open in shock, he did not dare to move. He was absolutely terrified, but he couldn't look away.

He wanted to look away so desperately, but he couldn't.

The maknae felt a cold shiver run down his spine. His mind went blank and he could feel the sweat running down his temple.

Right in front of him, just some meters away, stood a hooded figure. He was about the same height as Jungkook, but he couldn't make out the man's body structure because of the dark black coat. A white mask covered his face.

It wasn't the mask that terrified him. It was the blood red tears that ran down one of the eyes of the man.

The tears fell to the ground and turned into a pitch black liquid.

The masked man kept on talking, but the younger still couldn't make out any words. Those spoken words were so clear and yet so unclear.

Jungkook wanted nothing more than to run. Run far away from that figure. But his body wouldn't budge.

He remembered that his members were right behind him. But why wouldn't they do anything? Why couldn't they hear his pleas?

Why wouldn't they help him?

That's when he realized it. He was alone.

His friends, his hyungs, his family was not there where they were supposed to be. They were gone.

Tears ran uncontrollably down his face. He was alone. Completely left alone to face this nightmare.

A nightmare. It was just a nightmare.

And that was when Jungkook woke up, completely soaked in his sweat and pillow soaked in his tears. Breathing heavily, he slowly sat up and looked around.

He was back in his room. This time it felt as familiar and cozy as ever.

________________________

Ok, just to make this clear:

Whenever a letter is written in bold, it means that there was a time skip and the next written paragraphs occur some time after the last one.

I hope you liked this chapter.

The mysterious figure in JKs dream will take a big part in this whole story, so look forward to it.

Till next time~!

Love, Ahlpa ♥