XXII

!!!Read at own risk. Please stop anytime you feel uncomfortable or unwell.

Dm me if you need someone to talk to.

http://www.suicide.org/international-suicide-hotlines.html

________________

Early. It's too early.

That's what Jungkook kept mumbling during the whole car ride to the airport. Waking up at seven o'clock was fine. Six o'clock - debatable. Five o'clock - maybe not anymore. But four fucking o'clock in the morning? They can't possibly expect that from anyone.

That's, due all respect, the most unholy hour after the hour of the spirits and supernatural.

Who even came up with the wonderful idea of waking up so early just to get a flight at seven? We literally have one and a hours after we check in.

They want to be safe in case you ruin something. Everything.

No matter where he went, what he did or how he was doing; the voice was always there to remind him of everything that could go wrong in his life.

At least he wasn't alone. More or less. The voice kept him occupied even if he didn't want it to.

Let's be real though. Would you wake up at four o'clock just to catch a flight at seven? When you're only living one hour away from the airport? Exactly.

So it wasn't really surprising when Jungkook just sat through the car ride silently. He didn't bother talking to anyone. Who would he even talk to at four in the morning? And even if, what would they talk about anyway?

You would ruin every conversation in every way possible.

Did not sleeping affect the voice in his head because even the voice seemed to be in a very sour mood.

As if it wasn't bad enough, he felt sick. Not the cold kind of sick but the "I need to vomit" kind of sick.

But was he surprised? No, not really. His health and immune system have been pretty much useless for the last few years.

Changes in health aren't so uncommon nowadays. If he was lucky, he will stay healthy enough to be able to perform. If lady-luck was not on his side, he will most likely injure himself and be forced to sit while the others do the magic. Or maybe something worse.

But that was not even an option. This, Billboard, was going to be their Comeback Stage and there was no way in hell that he would ruin this one in a timeline chance for them. He would never forgive himself if he did.

As they pulled up to the airport, there were already so many reporters and paparazzi waiting for them.

Cameras ready and microphones in hand. It's a miracle that none of them seem to be tired. Jungkook was sure that he was only imagining it but he could literally see the rays of excitement coming from them.

As soon as they opened the car door, the flashes blinded them instantly.

But considering that they've been exposed to these kinds of flashes ever since 2013, it didn't bother them as much. It would have been strange if there wasn't going to be any camera flashes.

They got out of the car and stood together waiting for the staff to load their bags and suitcases off their cars.

If it had been a little bit later than five o' clock, Jungkook and the others probably would have helped and insisted on getting their bags on their own, but it was too early. Way too early.

When their baggage was ready to go, they slowly moved towards the entrance.

People were getting out of their way and making some space for them to pass through. No one really wanted to have to deal with those huge guards surrounding BTS and their staff.

No one except saesangs. But they never really were sane, to begin with. Insane and crazy would describe them a whole lot better.

Whenever they went to a venue, a ceremony, an award show, their concert, their dorm, the airport or even just out to eat, Jungkook always feared that someone could be following them — watching their every move — planning something horrible.

And the fact that he knew he could possibly be right most of the times didn't calm his nerves in the slightest bit.

As they entered the airport, they were greeted by many ARMYs. Some waving at them and smiling, others too busy taking pictures for fan sites. And then there were those sasaengs who tried to get close to them.

But as it was part of the norm already, it didn't really affect them physically. They don't flinch anymore whenever a guard drags a girl away and they don't stop walking anymore whenever they feel like they were getting mobbed.

It's all part of their lives now. Nothing one can't get used to. But did they really get used to it?

I don't think anyone could ever really get used to this lifestyle.

It's all just pretend.

The young singer was thrown out of his thoughts when there was a sudden pull at his arm. A harsh pull.

He didn't even notice how the guards started yelling or how his manager tried to push someone away from him.

He only felt how the hand that was grabbing his arm got yanked away from him in a brutal way. A brutal way that resulted in his arm to fling back abruptly following the aggressive yanking.

A loud cracking sound was heard, and his left hand shot up to his right shoulder where a searing pain made its way to his shoulder blades.

But he didn't stop walking. He just kept going, staring straight ahead.

This is going to be over soon.

Everything is going to be over soon.
________________

Ok, well.... my hiatus didn't really end up being a hiatus, just a small af break :)

So

How are you feeling?

What are you thinking?

What do you expect in the next chapter?

I've published a draft of a new book I am working on from time to time but I don't think I'll update it any time soon. I'll only update it when I feel like the chapters for NTTH are flowing well 🙃 we'll see when the time comes~

Y'all: pls give us a happy ending author-nim
Me:
Y'all:
Me: h-
Y'all: WHY DO YOU HATE US

This is hilarious dhdhdhdh lmao sorry I'll stop XD

But tbh, you guys make me doubt my decisions. I'm questioning whether I really can write the ending I've had planned since the very beginning at this point... well, I can but I don't know if I really want to anymore.

So for the 50k special, I'll leave the choice to you:

A) 1 ending depending on how things will go

B) 2 endings, one for the original plot and one as an alternate ending (more like a bonus)

I can't promise that either of those choices is going to give you guys a happy-ending. Maybe a less... drastic ending. But I can not promise an overly happy happy-ending. But I can promise that if you choose B), the alternate ending will be a little less... y'know, and a bit friendlier. But that also means that the bad ending will be unavoidable. While at A) you'll have the chance to change his fate (which is not guaranteed), in B) there will be one(1) bad-ending no matter what.

Choose wisely.

Till next time!

Love, Ahlpa ♥