IV

When Jungkook woke up, it was already dark outside. The sun had set and he was surrounded by darkness.

He slowly tried to stand up but let out a painful groan instead. His whole body, especially his back, felt stiff. That's one of the consequences of (still) leaning against the door and it surely did not help his bruises.

He decided not to stand up right away because of the lack of feeling in his legs. They still felt numb.

After some time of just sitting and hoping that he would be able to move soon, he attempted to stand up slowly.

Gripping the handle of the door tightly, he could feel his whole body shaking and the pain coming back way faster than he had hoped it would.

While inhaling heavily and suppressing the cry of pain trying to escape from his lips, he slowly stepped out his room and took slow steps to the kitchen.

The need for water came rushing to him. He hasn't drunken anything in the last couple hours, leaving his throat uncomfortably dry.

He felt sick. His head was throbbing, everything was spinning and he felt extremely cold even though it was over twenty-five degrees.

Lying down and resting, that's all he wanted to do.

But he still forced himself to step into the kitchen where the other members were already eating dinner.

Were they worried? Well, he did kind of disappear for half the day.

„Ah, Jungkookie. Come, sit down and eat a little."

Yeah, of course, they wouldn't ask where he has been, why he was walking so slow or why he looked deadly pale.

He hesitated for a few seconds but still sat down anyway. He grabbed his chopsticks and the bowl of rice that Jin filled for him only to stare at it in slight distaste.

To be honest, Jungkook really didn't feel like eating. He was neither hungry nor did he feel the need to ingest anything. Just looking at the food made him feel like vomiting.

But it probably wasn't anything serious. Maybe he was just too exhausted to eat. At least that was what he tried to make himself believe.

Taehyung, who was sitting next to him, kept giving him worried glances. So did everyone else, but no one said anything.

Even if they did, the maknae would tell them off anyway, just like every other time. So why bother?

„Ah, thank you for getting the box, Jeong-"

Jimin started but was interrupted by his own coughing. It didn't sound very healthy but it also didn't really sound all that bad.

Everyone's attention turned to Jimin and Jin immediately stood up to make him some tea while Hoseok, who sat next to him, lightly patted his back.

„Are you getting sick, Jiminie? Do you want to stay home tomorrow? We can call Sejin-hyung if you want." Namjoon said while Jin handed him the cup of freshly boiled tea.

Accepting the cup with a smile, the small mochi just shook his head. „It's probably just a cold. I'll just go to sleep early today and take some medicine if I feel worse."

Everyone nodded while a certain brown haired boy just stayed silent.

"Do you want some soup tomorrow? I can make you some soup for lunch. And maybe something light for breakfast." Jin suggested, looking as worried as always.

While everyone still conversed about how Jimin should get well soon and how everyone should be taking care of themselves, Jeongguk tried to block out all the voices.