VI

His heart was still beating at a noticeable fast rate, and his eyes were wide open.

What in heavens name was that?

That question was floating all over the place. Of course, Jungkook already knew the answer to it, but why did it feel like he didn't?

It was only a nightmare, wasn't it? Nothing more and nothing less. There was no reason to be this shaken about it.

He leaned against the cool headboard and tried to calm himself down.

Even though it wasn't real, Jungkook had to admit; it was the most terrifying thing he has ever seen.

The whole scene itself wasn't all that scary. But Jungkook had a bad feeling about all of that.

Remember how when you were a small fetus, and you were able to persuade your parents into buying you some ice cream? Yeah, imagine it getting smacked out if your adorable tiny soft little hands and landing on the pavement the moment you try to get a taste of it.

Were you able to recall negative and ugly feelings? Yes? Now add a tiny bit of terror of when you think about the plane you are currently in crashing into a mountain. That's exactly how Jungkook felt after waking up.

But the difference is: you know exactly why you're feeling the way you do. Jungkook in the meanwhile doesn't.

Because, you know, it was just a nightmare. It wasn't real, right?

Even after some time of trying to stabilize his breathing, he still couldn't get himself to calm down. Something inside of him kept on preventing it.

The panic he felt during the time he saw the figure came rushing back every time he was close to calming down.

His heart would clench tightly and beat even faster than the second before. His stomach would do flips, and it wasn't the nice kind of stomach flip. And to add to this whole disaster, his body would shake uncontrollably, leaving him with the pain from the bruises, which he had completely forgotten about.

It could go on like this for hours, but he didn't have time. Looking at the digital clock on his nightstand, he realized that he only had about 20 minutes left to get ready so they could go to the dance practice.

He forced himself to get up. Every part of his body ached, and he was able to see every single one of those ugly bruises. They didn't look pretty. They never did. But they looked better then some others he had before.

He couldn't remember a time where his skin hasn't been bruised or littered with scratches and wounds.

It was a wonder that no one ever noticed. Maybe they did notice but never mentioned it.

This reminded Jungkook of the dream once again.

Do they even care?

He couldn't do anything but question that while he went to take a quick shower.

He shivered when the icy water made contact with his skin. He could have turned on the hot water, but he'd rather leave it for his hyungs. They needed it more than him.

He got out of the shower, dried himself and put on some black Joggings and a white long sleeved button up shirt to hide his bruised arms.

It turned into his daily attire, as often as he wore this kind of outfits. But he didn't have a choice in this matter — no one needed to know that though.

When he went outside his room, warm air slapped his face. The air was unbearable thick and sickening. It was unbelievably hard to breathe. He could feel himself getting more lightheaded. The migraine from yesterday returned, and he started sweating once again. What a waste, he just took a shower.