XVII

!!!Read at own risk. Please stop anytime you feel uncomfortable or unwell.

Dm me if you need someone to talk to.

http://www.suicide.org/international-suicide-hotlines.html

________________

As they were on their way to the studio, Jungkook was walking behind so he wouldn't slow everyone down if he got too deep in thoughts, still searching for the missing voice.

Trying to associate and communicate with the person or the thing that brings you misery, best idea ever.

After a little while, Hoseok took it into his own hands to slow down a little to walk beside the younger so he could comfortably talk to him without anyone listening. He nudged Jungkook a little to get his attention before talking lowly so the others wouldn't hear.

„Hey, are you alright?" Instead of getting the answer he wanted, all he got was a simple nod. It didn't look like Jungkook wanted to even talk at all. He was just staring into space and following them around, not really processing what was happening in the first place.

„Kook, answer me please."

The older just wanted to know what's wrong. He has been wanting to know for a very long time now, and he for sure wasn't the only one, but last night finally pushed him to ask. Though, he didn't expect to be met with no answers at all and even more questions.

„Jungkook, come on. Please say something."

Desperation slowly crept into his usually bright voice. His dongsaeng didn't even look at him.

Hobi was about to give up on trying to approach the younger when the latter finally decided to speak. But what he said didn't light up the older's mood at all.

„Seriously, don't worry hyung. I'm fine."

Of course, this just made everything worse, and it only confirmed that there was something wrong. Jungkook should have learned throughout their whole career, and the LY era that the phrase "I'm fine" actually is a "Save me" in disguise.

But what was the rapper supposed to do anyway? It wasn't the first time that he heard that sentence coming from the younger.

Hoseok sighed deeply before letting it go and silently walking next to Jungkook.

The latter in the meanwhile was slowly starting to doubt.

What if the voice is gone for good?

What if it won't return?

What even happened to it?

Is this a good or a bad sign?

He didn't know. He didn't know the answer to any of those questions.

The grown man could only wait and hope for the best.

Maybe everything will get better now.

Little did he know that this day, this recording, this particular Run BTS! Episode would end up turning his life upside down. More than it already was.

That's why he didn't question it when he walked onto the set and saw a small table, a clipboard, a big sofa, and an armchair.

He didn't notice the nervous glances he got from Namjoon hyung or the staff members. He also didn't notice the little girl that was sitting beside a man wearing a doctor coat conversing with the director.

He quickly sat down in front of a mirror as his stylists began to tap their foot impatiently on the floor.

The quicker they finished, the earlier they would be able to get ready for their departure.