11

Jermaine

We sit at the table in Miguel and Naza's backyard and drink while listening to music. Keh walks back to me from checking on Lamarr and Namiko. She looks fine as hell in her white and red GRLPOWER crop top, her camo cargo shorts, and her blonde curls hanging loosely. She comes and sits on my lap and rests her arms around my neck. I peck her cheek and she smiles.

"How's little man." I ask she shrugs. 

"He's fine. I just wanted to make sure he wasn't giving Nam any trouble." She says.

"Lamarr is such a good kid, I just hope Miko is being responsible." Jhene takes a sip of her drink. 

"She's always really good with Lamarr, I trust her." Lani says.

"Its so weird how out of all of us me and Rih are the oldest and y'all two are the ones with kids." Naza points out. We all nod in agreement.

"First of all we each have one kid." Jhene corrects her with a laugh. 

"Oh girl you know you're trying to pop out some little Seans." Rih jokes. Everyone bursts into laughter. "And I'm not looking to have any kids any time soon. I have my niece already. And Jhene and Kehlani had kids for me they just didn't know. "She winks.

"I didn't Marrs on purpose and I had him for me and Maine. But I can share." Lani says.

"I ain't sharing shit." I say before sipping my beer.

"Jermaine you the main one asking for any of us to babysit him so you can have alone time with Lani." Guel says. 

"Because I be tryna make other Lamarrs." I snuggle my face into Keh's neck and kiss it. Everyone makes a sound of disgust. I laugh at them. "And y'all don't ever say no." I shrug.

"Because we love Marr." Naza adds.

"We all do." Jhene nods.

"Speaking of." Rih says. 

Marrs comes running up to us with a smile on his face and a paper and crayon in his hand. Namiko walks behind him with her own paper. Namiko shows it to Jhene and Lamarr shows us his.

"Mommy look at my picture." Lamarr hands it to Lani. She takes it and shows it to me.

"Wow dude, this is great!" I tell him.

"Thank you daddy!" He smiles like Lani.

"This is going right up on the fridge when we get home." Lani tells him. "Go make me some more."

He nods and runs over to Nazanin. He holds out the paper for her to take and she smiles widely at him.

"Marrs this looks so good kid. A Picasso in the making." 

"What's pitasso?" Lamarr asks.

"He was an artist like your daddy, Uncle Guel, Aunt Jhene, Auntie Riri, and Uncle Sean. But Picasso made picture art and your family makes music art."

"Can I hear my family's art?" Lamarr asks. We all shake our heads and say no quickly. Can't have him listening to our explicit shit right now.

"Maybe when you're older pumpkin." Lani  says. 

"Definitely later in life. Now go color some more with Namiko." Naza directs him. He runs off with Miko and leaves us to continue our adult conversation.

"So when y'all gonna get married and pop out some little Nazas and Guels." Jhene asks. 

"Uh uh, don't start on us. You and Sean not married and ain't pop out no more Mikos." Naza says back. "And Rih not even in a relationship."