20

Jermaine

Once we get home Kehlani goes upstairs with Lamarr to get him ready for bed. Meanwhile I stay downstairs and clean everything up. Once I'm done it looks like the day never happened.

I get upstairs and see Keh laying beside Marrs watching him sleep.

"Baby go shower, you'll feel better." I suggest.

"I don't wanna leave him."

I sigh. "Okay."

I pull off my clothes and put on some shorts before climbing in bed with them. I would tell her to at least change so she doesn't have the day on her but I know she won't leave his side.

I watch her watch him. Her pain is radiating and I've never felt such energy from her. Maybe when we first met but not like this.

I remember when I first met her. She held a gun to my face and took my phone. I saw her beauty even then. She's my forever and I knew that the night I took her home after getting her stuff from Ben's apartment. She means more to me every single day.

"I'm sorry."

"No."

"You don't even know what I'm sorry for."

"You think that somehow today was your fault. But it wasn't. None of this was your fault and you know it. And Im not leaving you, I'm not taking Marrs, I'm not going anywhere because you are my wife. My soulmate. I'd kill niggas for you if you'd let me."

"I love you too. But I was apologizing for what Rj said. About Elliot."

"Why didn't you tell me about that."

"I didn't want you to be scared of me."

"If I wasn't scared when you kidnapped me I wouldn't be scared of that."

"I didn't mean to kidnap you. But I'm glad I did."

"Me too. But babe what about all that stuff about what they did to you in there. I never knew all of that. If anything I thought you were grateful to Ron."

She nodded. "I used to be. It always seemed like the better option since I was fed, always had a bed, had money, and attention. But threw the years a realize that wasn't love. This is love. You love me without inflicting pain, and that's the only kind of love I ever got."

"I'm glad you realize that."

"Yeah. And thank you, for letting me handle Rj. I know you wanted to do it but baby I needed to end it. This all started with me and I wanted it to end with me. Thank you."

"There's no need to thank me. I know you're strong, you can take care of yourself and you just let me assist. You needed it and I was more than willing to give it to you. I was worried that it'd hurt you but I knew we could get through it."

"Do you really think I'm that strong?" She asks.

I look her deep in her big brown eyes. "You're the strongest person I know. And I'm so happy for that because you can teach our son to be as strong as you."

"Thank you."

"Of course baby."

"I love you always."

Epilogue
12 years later
Kehlani

"Lamarr! Ashley! Jani! Come down!" I call up the stairs.

"So lazy." J jokes.

"You would've yelled too, shut up."