Chapter 6: Festival

Previously:

Luffy had a glimpse of the after-life and that's where he met Ace once again only to be pulled back to the land of the living. But promises both old and new came to Luffy's mind, and with feelings for his navigator, how will he approach this situation?

Luffy's POV:

I was slowly opening my eyes and the first thing I saw was the light, it was so bright. Then I realized it was just from the light bulb from the ceiling. When I remembered the promise I made to Ace, I decided to get up but the pain in my chest prevented me to even move a finger. I remembered that I was shot in the chest, so technically it might be a while before I could move. I had a late reaction and felt like something is on my hand, I was on the verge of panicking but it was just Nami. She was holding my hand pretty tight, she must've been worried. And with all my strength I sat up from the bed. It seemed to awoke Nami up.She looked at me straight in the eyes and she started crying. Soon after that she hugged me pretty tightly.

"I told you not to cry didn't I?" I said patting her back and letting her cry on my shoulder.

"Idiot, I told you not to leave me." She said. "But I'm so happy that I get to see you again." She added.

"Me too Nami." As I pulled her to tighten the hug.

"Ow!" I said putting my hand on the bandages covering the wound.

"Sorry! Did I press you're wound?"

"Don't wor- Huh?" I said as I looked around the unfamiliar walls and ceiling.

"Where are we?" I asked Nami.

"We're in the infirmary of the island. The townsfolk let us in here." Nami said.

"I thought they hate us."

"Well you're 'heroic act' made the people change their minds."

"I see. Where's everyone?"

"They're downstairs. I should probably tell-"

"No." I cut Nami off. "I wanna see them." I teared up a bit, it felt like forever.

"But you aren't supposed to be up yet."

I tried to stand up but I fell down, good thing Nami got my arm and put it on her shoulders.

"Jeez, you're hopeless."

"Shishishi. Well I did save you."

"Guess you did."

I saw my hat on the hat rack and I removed my palm from my chest and get the hat and put it on my head.

While we were walking Nami asked me, "Why did you smile?"

"Hm?"

"When you got shot, you smiled."

"I don't know, maybe I got to protect someone I care about."

I looked at Nami, her face seems to be reddish today.When we got downstairs the crew stand straight up from their seats and tables and, everyone's eyes widened and their mouths opened.

"What? Is there something in my teeth?" I asked cluelessly.

Then everyone dived straight for me, even Zoro,tumbling me down. Nami got away pretty quickly so she could avoid the wave of smelly men.

Nami's POV:

I ran away from them cause they might tumble me down as well. I sat straight on the table Robin was sitting on. She was reading a book.

"It's good to have him back." Robin said with an even bigger smile than usual.

"Yeah."

"Have you told him yet, Navigator-san."

I blushed so hard and quickly drank a cup of water.

"Well it doesn't matter you know."

Robin put her book down gently and looked me straight in the eyes.

"It does matter."

"Okay, okay. I'll tell him, eventually." I said hesitantly.

"You need to tell him."

"Dammit! I know Robin okay?!" I said it a rising tone.

I started calming down and explained everything to her.

"It's just, I don't want to think that I confessed to him just because I'm dying. I want to do it because I wanted to." I said with a smile.

"It's good to see your beautiful  smile again Nami." Luffy cut in out of nowhere.

I blushed hard again and turned to my side.

"Idiot, you don't have to tell me."

"How long was I out?" Luffy asked Franky.

"About 2 weeks."

"Ehhhh?!"

"Somehow I expected that." Sanji said, calmly.

"You must be hungry Luffy." Chopper asked.

"Yeah I could eat a horse." Luffy answered with his cute smile.

"Hey, you're lying right?" Usopp asked.

Evryone stared at Usopp and we said, "Luffy can't lie, dumbass."

"I know that." Usopp said as he sweated bullets.

All of us went out of the infirmary and the townsfolk quickly gathered around Luffy and thanked him.

Then a young woman and a girl went to us and greeted us.

The young woman is about my height, she has a brown hair with a style like Robin and brown eyes like mine.

She was blushing and she seemed a little shy but she said, "You're Luffy right."

"Yeah?"

"I'm Nakiri." Nakiri reached for a handshake.

"Lala's sister?" Luffy said and shaked her hand.

"Since you're awake we can celebrate the festival." Nakiri said.

"Huh?" 

"It's a festival we'll celebrate tonight."

"It was dedicated to you, y'know." She said while blushing and waving her hair around. It made me feel so hurt. Like someone stabbed me right in the heart.

"Sweet! Will there be food?" Luffy asked right of the bat.

Nakiri giggled and she said, "The eating comes after the dance."

"What dance?"

"Well it's a dance with a partner."

"Hmmm... Zoro will you be my partner?" Luffy turned and asked Zoro.

"With a girl dumbass!" Zoro smacked his head straight on the ground.

Luffy quickly got up and Nakiri giggled.

Nakiri was pointing her index fingers against each other and she was blushing really hard as well. And Lala seemed shocked by what she is planning to do.

"Say, Luffy-kun..."

"Hm?"

"Can you take me to the dance?"

Everyone was so shocked and started to look at me. I felt so much pain and my heart started aching. Lala seemed ruffled as if she didin't want her sister to ask that.

Luffy said, "Sure."