Chapter 17: Confessions

Once the storm had subsided, so does Luffy and Nami's cries, and those said cries turned to whimpers. And those whimpers, turned to silence. Luffy and Nami, had their fit of this island. Ever since, they've stopped at this island, almost nothing good came out of it.

Luffy's eyelids, started becoming heavy. He shifted his weight, to place his head on top of the sofa's arm. Nami saw Luffy's difficulty in moving, so she let, one of her hand, go of Luffy's shirt and grabbed his leg. Luffy looked at Nami, surprised and confused. Nami pulled Luffy's leg, slowly on top of the sofa, but not before straddling on Luffy's waist.

Once Luffy had put both of his heels and his head on top of both of the sofa's arm, Nami had put her head on Luffy's bare chest. Luffy had his arm around her waist, his other hand, rubbing her soft, silky, orange hair. Nami had felt more comfortable, being with Luffy, being surrounded by his warmth. Just being with him, it made her really happy.

Nami heard a sound from Luffy's chest.

'His heart...'

Lub Dub...

Lub Dub....

Lub Dub.....

'How long will this last?

I...

I...

Want it to last longer!

This warmth!

His smile!

Our adventures!

...my love...'

Nami raised her head to see Luffy's condition, he had fallen asleep, although, it wasn't normal. If it were normal, he would be snoring as loud as a volcanic eruption, and drooling a small puddle.

But none of those were present.

It was just Luffy, breathing in and out, chest going up and down, and looking mistakenly peaceful.

Nami sighed, she used her finger to brush away Luffy's hair from his eye. Until she diverted her attention to his eyelids, then down to the scar below it. Nami moved her hand from Luffy's hair down to his scar, it was buried pretty good against his skin.

Nami suddenly had a sense of deja vu.

'This scar...'

She suddenly put all of her attention towards Luffy's face, and examined it closely, down to the minute detail. She was diverting all of her attention to every part of Luffy's facial features.

It was as if, she was searching for something.

She stopped and relaxed for a bit and she closed her eyes. She wanted to get this sense of familiarity off, but to no avail. Suddenly realization dawned her, and her eyelids shot open. She examined Luffy's face again, but now she was certain. She was sure.

It was terrifying enough for her pupils to shrink again, and for her to instinctively put her hand on her mouth.

'No...

It can't be...'

It was him...

xxxxxxxxx

"Finally....

Someone actually remembered...."

xxxxxxxxx

Due to shock, Nami quickly got off of Luffy and made her way to the bathroom, ignoring the sharp pain on her leg with every rushed step she took, and looked at the mirror.