Chapter 7: In Love, With This Idiot

Previously:

The revival of Monkey D. Luffy came to be, 2 weeks after his presumed "death". The townsfolk has prepared a festival for their savior and Nakiri, Lala's big sister, has asked Luffy to the dance. Luffy, however, not knowing what kind of dance it is decided to accept it just so he could eat. Nami felt like her heart started to ache and soon it might break...

Evening at Sunny:

Nami's POV:

It was evening and after I showered for the festival I dressed myself in an orange gown and I just let my hair blend in the back of the dress. I went out of my room and noticed the moon and it was shining beautifully, then I looked at the village they already started partying and I was amazed by how quick they set up the festival. I walked to the deck and saw the others dressed as well, except for Luffy.

The crew's suits:

Zoro has a green buttoned up shirt under his suit. And a tie. He was really formal for this occasion, well there is a dance.

Ussop has a yellow buttoned up shirt under his suit as well, with a bowtie.

Sanji went back to his blue buttoned up shirt under his usual suit, with a white tie.

Chopper has a cute pinkish buttoned up shirt under his cute suit, with a cute bowtie.

Robin has a dress like mine only violet.

Franky has a sea blue buttoned up shirt under his suit, with a tie.

Brook has a normal tuxedo and a bowtie.

As I went to the deck all of us smiled like someone was getting married or something.

Sanji and Brook had heart-shaped eyes, as usual, and came to me and held my hand and told me a lot of compliments.

"Ahhhh~ Nami-san looks like a ripe orange ready to be eaten."

"Yohohohohoho! Nami-san may I see your panties?"

I smacked both of them down to the ground and I said, "PERVERTS!"

Then we heard a shout coming from the men's quarters...

"HOW DO YOU DO THIS SHIT?!?!" 

It was Luffy, he sounded troubled.Sanji was prepared and started walking but I stopped him.

"Maybe I should do this..." I said with my head down.

"Sure." Sanji said.

I started walking and into the men's quarters and I saw Luffy having a little trouble with his tie. He was wearing a red buttoned up shirt and the suit was on the rack.

"How do you do this? Is loop here and pull there or pull there or loop here." Luffy said looking in the mirror and trying to fix his tie.

'He looked kinda cute when he is ruffled.' I thought.

I closed the door and put my back on it.

"Need some help?" I said with a little giggle.

He turned around and I saw his tie is tied like a pretzel.

He scratched the back of his head and smiled out of embarrassment.

"Sorry, I can't figure this out." He said.

I started walking up to him and started fixing his tie and I said, "Knowing you Luffy, you can't figure out a simple puzzle."

"Hey." Luffy said, but with a smile.

While fixing his tie I started thinking about what Nakiri feels, about Luffy. And I started to worry about losing Luffy and-

"Nami." Luffy said like he is having a hard time speaking.

I got snapped back to reality and I noticed that I was choking Luffy with his tie and his face is like a balloon. I quickly let go and Luffy breathed in and out very heavily.

"It's done." I said, laughing nervously.

"Ya think?" Luffy said, holding his neck.

"Sorry." I said.

"It's alright." Luffy said and then he grabbed his suit from the rack and put it on him.

Then he put his hat on his head and we exited the men's quarters. The crew was staring at us with unusual gazes.

 Then me and Luffy tilted our heads and said, "What?"

Usopp, Chopper, Franky and even Zoro bursted out laughing at us, "HAHAHAHA! You two look like idiots! HAHAHA!"

"Hey! Don't laugh at my Nami-swan!" Sanji said.

"Sorry, it's just Luffy and Nami tilted their heads together! HAHAHA!" Usopp said.

When Usopp said that it made me blush so hard out of embarrassment and my heart was pounding like crazy.

"And they're still holding hands! HAHAHAHAHA!" Zoro said slapping Franky's big shoulder.

Me and Luffy looked at each other and we looked down to see ourselves holding hands.

"Let go of me! You idiot!" I said slamming Luffy to the floor.

"You held my hand first!" Luffy said, holding his head.

I paused and then I turned around, blushing hard and my heart pounding like never before. But it felt like I'm getting closer to Luffy than normal. I'm falling in love with this idiot.