Chapter 13: Drunken Nami

Nami's POV:

A month has passed since Luffy's sickness, and the next thing you know...

"FOOOOOOOOOD!!!!"

"Geez, Luffy you just ate!"

"But I've been asleep for a month! A month! Do you know how hungry I'll be?!"

"I don't even wanna know..."

"I could eat a mountain! A freaking mountain, Nami!"

"I get what you're trying to say but Chopper said, you should ease a bit on eating and being lively..."

"I know... It's just..."

"Just what?"

"I don't want to think, that any day... I'll die..."

"Luffy you won't die..."

"And the worst of all... I won't get to see you again..."

"Don't you give me brave words like you're gonna die!" I punched him straight on his noggin'

"OOOOOOWWWW!!! Nami, I get it! But you didn't have to-!"

Before he could say a word I gave him the tightest hug he ever felt and tears flow out of my eyes.

"I don't want to lose you, idiot!"

"I made you worry, didn't I?"

I nodded to his question.

"I'm really sorry Nami... I really didn't want this..." He said as I felt his tears drop on my head.

"Uhhh... Luffy?"

We looked at the voice of our dear doctor and we quickly let go of each other and I felt really embarrassed.

"Isn't it time for your medicine?" Chopper asked him.

"Yeah, I'm coming..." Luffy went in Chopper's office.

Everyday of the week I feel the same... I feel like some day I'll lose Luffy...

Luffy's POV:

When me and Chopper went in his office, I sat on the chair and he started preparing the syringe with the medicine in 'em.

"The townsfolk are preparing a feast at the bar..." Chopper said as he tapped at the syringe.

"How come?" I raised my sleeve up.

"For your revival. Again." Chopper pointed the syringe at my arm preparing to penetrate the skin.

As the syringe touched my skin, I winced. And he pressed the syringe and I can feel the medicine flowing inside my bloodstream.

"Are you going?" Chopper asked me.

"Huh?"

"To the feast..."

"I can't..."

"Why not?"

"I'm busy..."

"With what?"

I paused for a bit and I stood up from the chair and walked out the room. I couldn't help but be bummed out as I watch the crew, they were enjoying they're lives. Lives that they'll get to live whatever they want, while I'm stuck with being hospitalized...

I sat on my usual spot, on Sunny's head. Feeling more gloomy than ever.

"Luffy!" Sanji called me.

I turned sideways showing my head beside Sunny's head.

"What?"

"We're gonna go to the party, might be a while til we come back."