10. Only You

Jacob woke up, slumped on the sofa with Rieka's head on his chest. He shifted her slightly and when he was sure that she was still asleep he moved out from under her and gently lay her down on the sofa. He admired the sight of the sleeping girl in his army jacket that was much too large from her. He turned and walked into the kitchen, deciding to make some breakfast. Making toast and cereal, something that he couldn't mess up.

Rieka woke up and her eyes slowly fluttered open, she sat up and stretched. Smiling as she remembered last night, she stood up and padded bare foot into the kitchen. The girl paused in the door way when she saw Jacob buttering the toast and humming to himself. Her smile grew when she recognised the song he was humming.

"Only you, can make this world seem right
Only you, can make the darkness bright
Only you, and you alone, can thrill me like you do
And fill my heart with love for only you"

Rieka sang along quietly as she walked further into the kitchen and took a bowl of cereal and a plate of toast. Jacob got a little tense when he first heard her singing but found her voice soft and relaxing so he continued to hum the tune, relaxing a little. He watched her as she leaned over the counter to grab her bowl and plate, before picking up his own and joining her at the table. She had stopped singing and Jacob had stopped humming as they began to eat.

"My brother called, he wants the family to have dinner at his place tonight. You are coming with me" Jacob spoke without looking at her. Rieka froze and slowly swallowed her food, she didn't believe in Joseph or in God and she didn't want to be apart of the church. "I'm not going to convert you or let them. You are apart of the family now and should come for the family dinner" he explained.

"Who will be going?" Rieka asked and took a sip of her water.

"Joseph, John, and Faith" he answered. Of course the poor woman was afraid of the Seeds, the youngest brother was a sadist, the father was manipulative and she was afraid that the sister would drug her.

"I will go...just don't leave me alone with them" she asked quietly.

"I wasn't planning on it, you are mine and they will know that" Jacob assured her.

After eating, Rieka cleaned up and then began to walk up the stairs. "Little Red" Jacob spoke from behind her, she turned to him. "Jacket" he stated and held his hand out.

Red nodded before slipping the jacket off and handing it to Jacob. He took this time to roll his eyes over her body and take in the newly exposed thighs, arms and collarbone. Her body heated up under his gaze and she hung her head, allowing her long dark hair to hide her blushing face.

Jacob noticed her reaction and smirked slightly before walking past her. Gripping her shoulder firmly before letting go and walking up the stairs. Rieka tucked her hair behind her ears before walking up the stairs to her room.

They both showered and got dressed before meeting in the living room. Jacob could tell that she was nervous about the family dinner since she was sitting on the sofa and bouncing her leg. He sat beside her and sneaked a glace at her before speaking. "Don't be left alone with John and you will be fine. Faith won't do anything to harm you and there shouldn't be any bliss around there anyway, Joseph might preach to you and try to get you to join the church, but John...I don't trust him. Don't get me wrong he is a good kid but I don't need him trying to make you atone" Jacob spoke. "If you feel nervous or anything just stay by me" he suggested and Red nodded.

"Thank you Jacob, I'm sure it will be fine" She smiled, but it wasn't very convincing.

"You will be fine, there is nothing to worry about" he assured her and placed his large hand on her thigh.

Rieka smiled slightly and leaned her body into Jacob's, he took his opportunity to wrap his arm around her waist. "I trust you, it will be fine" she smiled up at him.

Jacob knew that his family wasn't normal and that Rieka is nervous about meeting them, just like anyone would be, but he didn't want to go alone. Out of all his siblings he believed the least, he was mainly here to protect his brothers. He had formed some sort of bond with Rieka, some sort trust between them. He trusted her enough to have her live with him and to open up to her, and she trusted him enough to even be around him and not be scared of him.

(A.N. Sorry for the short chapter, the next one will be longer! Also, thank you all so much for the feedback and such a positive response! It means a lot! :) )

(P.S. I'm thinking about starting a John Seed story but I'm not sure. Would anyone be interested and does anyone have any ideas? Thanks! :) )