36. Just Feels Right

Jacob indulged himself in the moment, just admiring Rieka's joyful face. She cupped his face in her small hands, kissing him once more before they both climbed to their feet. "So, John knew the whole time?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, I'm surprised that he managed to keep his mouth shut to be honest" Jacob admitted as he sat down in the arm chair, letting out a low chuckle.

"Well, he had me fooled" Rieka shrugged as she smiled and sat herself down on Jacob's lap, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"Also...John did take the pups to the ranch. Joseph and Faith are there as well. They want us to meet them" he told her.

"That sounds great. How long did they know though?" She raised an eyebrow again, wondering how long he had been planning this.

"I mentioned proposing to Joseph about a month ago and he was obviously very supportive. A few weeks ago I decided that I was going to do it so I told John and Faith. They were also very supportive, gave me a lot of damn awful advice. But they only found out about the plan last night, John instantly offered to come and get the pups" Jacob explained.

"Well then, let me finish my coffee and get ready the we can go and meet the others at the ranch" Rieka smiled before hopping off of his lap and leaning over to grab her cup from the coffee table. Jacob took the chance and lent forward, slapping her ass, before leaning back in his seat with a smirk. She sent him a playful glare over her shoulder before picking her coffee up and standing up straight. She sipped from the cup as she walked into kitchen, laughing to herself and shaking her head.

-----

After Rieka got changed into some fresh clothes, the newly engaged couple climbed into their truck and drove to John's ranch. Once they got there they walked up to the door and knocked, waiting for somebody to answer. Rieka smiled as John opened the door, the sound of talking coming from inside.

"So, how was your day?" John asked with a casual smile, trying to read their expressions and decide whether she knew or not.

"She said yes" Jacob rolled his eyes a little at his younger brother. John's smile grew as he stepped aside, allowing them through the door.

"In that case, congratulations. It's about time" John teased as he shut the door behind them and walked them into the living room.

Joseph and Faith turned their attention to the three people walking into the room, they looked at Jacob for some sort of confirmation. Jacob nodded once and Faith jumped out of her seat, hurrying over to Rieka and engulfing her in a hug. "I am so happy for both of you" she smiled into Rieka's hair, once Rieka recovered from the initial shock of the embrace she hugged Faith back.

Once Faith finished hugging the life out of Rieka, she let her go and stepped back. She returned to the sofa and placed Abigail on her knee. Joseph stood up, deciding it was his turn to congratulate the couple. He walked over to Rieka first, since he had been harassing Jacob about the proposal for weeks already. He placed his hand on either side of her neck and touched his forehead to hers. "Congratulations to both of you. But I hope know, Rieka, that you were apart of the family before the engagement" Joseph spoke softly before pulling away from her.

"I know, thank you Joseph" Rieka smiled at him before her children called out for her. She chuckled before smiling at them and walking over to Julian who sat by Faith's feet and Abigail who sat on Faith's knee.

"Congratulations brother" Joseph patted his older brother's shoulder with a proud smile.

"I almost didn't think that you would do it" John joked, crossing his arms over his chest as he moved to stand on the other side of Jacob. Faith and Rieka were too busy playing with the twins to pay attention to their conversation. Jacob never responded to his youngest brother, he just hit him on the back of the head. John grumbled about something as he dramatically rubbed the back of his head.

"Don't be so dramatic, I barely hit you" Jacob chuckled deeply as he patted John's shoulder in a brotherly fashion.

"Whatever" John laughed quietly to himself. Joseph watched his brother's interactions and the women's interactions with the children, smiling to himself. This is all he wanted, his family back together, happy, and safe.

"Daddy!" Abigail called out, grabbing Jacob's attention. The soldier stepped away from his brothers and walked over to his little girl, lifting her up off of Faith's knee and holding her in his arms. She giggled as she ran her hand though his beard, the feeling tickling her hand.

"Have you seen the rings yet?" Faith asked with bright eyes as Rieka lifted Julian into her lap.

"Yeah, they are beautiful" Rieka smiled, thinking back to the rings, as she bounced the little boy up and down.

"I sent him some of my top picks as suggestions but making the rings was a much more 'Jacob thing' to do" John laughed as he and Joseph walked further towards the three others. "Let me guess, he played 'Only You'?" he asked, smirking Jacob sat down beside Rieka.

"Of course he did" Rieka laughed, nudging Jacob as she smiled up at him.

"Am I getting that predictable?" Jacob asked with a slight huff.

"Jacob, if there is one thing that I know about you, it is that you are pretty unpredictable. You still manage to surprise me" Rieka smiled up at her fiance. Jacob playfully winked at her before turning his attention to Abigail, who seemed to be falling asleep in his arms.

"We thought that we would treat you to dinner, as a congratulations" John smiled, seemingly proud of himself. It was obviously his idea.

"Did you cook it?" Jacob asked, raising an eyebrow.

"No...Faith did, with some help from Joseph" John sighed.

"Then we will eat it, don't want to get food poisoning again" Jacob laughed to himself as John sulked.

"You all go and sit at the table, Faith and I will take the children to their room" Joseph offered as he carefully lifted Abigail out of Jacob's lap, not wanting to wake her. Faith took the sleepy Julian from Rieka and followed Joseph out of the room. Of course John had set up a room for the twins to stay in for when they come to visit him.

Once Faith and Joseph returned, the family began to eat their meal and share pleasant conversation. When nobody was really paying any attention, Jacob sent Rieka a subtle smile which she happily returned. Something about sitting at a table with the Seed family as her and Jacob's children slept in the other room, something about being apart of the family and knowing that she will officially be part of the family just feels right.

Rieka hadn't really thought about having a family before, she thought that it might be nice but never really wanted it. Jacob never thought that he would start a family, he had his brothers and that all he would ever have. Sometimes you don't know what you really want or need until you have it.

GOOD NEWS-

I have started work on a John Seed story! And I am thinking about ideas for a Joseph Seed story!