20. The Soldier's Army Jacket

It's been two and a half weeks and finally Joseph called, telling Jacob and Rieka that Faith was going to be alright. That Rieka had saved her life. The news put Rieka back on track, she felt as if she actually helped someone and that she truly did have a purpose. They also received the news that the Deputy had stepped foot in Holland Valley, this time Jacob was as tense as Rieka. If not, more so. John was Jacob's baby brother and he protected him his whole life, as much as he could anyway, he would not fail him now.

Jacob had sent some of his men over to John's region, doubling the security at the Seed Ranch and at John's bunker. He wouldn't let the Deputy get to his brother with out a fight. Jacob and Rieka had a heavy duty medical bag already set up in the truck just in case.

They couldn't have been more shocked when they heard that the Deputy had drove right through Holland Valley, heading straight to the Whitetail Mountains. He was coming straight for Jacob and Rieka.

Jacob was sure that John and Joseph would be safe until the Deputy had dealt with him and Rieka, this allowed them both to relax and take some time to spend together. The Deputy wouldn't come for them until Jacob sends for them, he was sure of that.

The soldier had took Pratt back to the cages, locking him up before returning back to the cabin where Rieka was waiting. When Rieka had insisted that he take Pratt back and leave his army jacket behind, he just rolled his eyes and did as she said. He had no idea why she would make such a strange request.

When he got home and walked in the front door, he looked around but didn't see Rieka anywhere. "Rieka?" Jacob called through the cabin and he could swear that he heard movement upstairs. He cautiously walked up the stairs, pulling his gun out of his thigh holster and readied it.

He pushed open the door to their shared bedroom and stepped in, aiming the handgun in front of him. "Are you going to put that thing down or do I have to surrender?" Rieka's voice teased from the bed and Jacob froze.

Rieka was sitting on the bed, her back against the headboard. She was wearing his army jacket...only his army jacket. He quickly put his gun down on the wooden dresser and turned back to her, crossing his arms over his chest and smirking. "What exactly were you planning?" he asked, already knowing the answer. When there is a woman on your bed, only wearing your huge jacket, it is pretty clear what she is planning.

"Well...I thought that since we had some time alone..." She smiled sweetly with large doe eyes. Jacob wondered how somebody could look so innocent, even like this. She bit her bottom lip and lifted herself up onto her knees, so that she was kneeling in the centre of the bed.

"My Little Red, what am I going to do with you?" Jacob asked as he stepped towards her, now standing at the bottom of the bed. His possessive words made Rieka blush, she couldn't deny that she loved it.

She opened her mouth to answer but before she got the chance Jacob had wrapped his hands around the back of her thighs and pulled them out from underneath her. Rieka fell backwards on to the bed with a gasp of surprise, she lifted herself up onto her elbows so that she could look at Jacob. He chuckled deeply to himself as he kicked off his boots and crawled onto the bed, hovering over Rieka. She smiled at him sweetly before he lowered himself and kissed her, she wrapped her arms around his neck and lowered her shoulders onto the bed.

Jacob used one of his hands to grab her wrists, pinning her arms above her head. She barely attempted to wriggle her wrists out of his grip because she knew that he was too strong for her. Jacob pulled away from her slightly before kissing her jaw and peppering open mouth kisses down her neck. "I'm sorry that we haven't had much time together" he apologised, mumbling against her neck.

"You're here now, that's all that matters" she assured him. Rieka knew that once Jacob started sending his men after the Deputy he would be spending even less time at home or with her.

He nodded, nipping at her neck before moving back up her body and kissing her again, she instantly kissed him back and fought against his grip on her wrists. "Come on Jake...let go" Rieka whined against his lips. Jacob hummed and pulled away from her, looking down at her pleading face. "Please" she pouted.

"How can I say no to that face?" He teased before letting go of her wrists. She smiled before wrapping her arms around his neck again and leaning up to kiss him, this kiss was rougher than the previous one.

Jacob held himself up on his elbow, that was leaning on the mattress beside Rieka's head. His other hand slid up her thigh and up her waist, under his army jacket that she was wearing. She grabbed and pulled at the material of his tee shirt until he sat up and pulled it off over his head. She smiled, pleased, before Jacob slipped his arm under her back and pulled her up to him. "You are beautiful" he mumbled against her collar bone as he unbuttoned the jacket she was wearing, slipping it off over her shoulders and throwing it to the floor.

-----

Rieka lay on her side with Jacob behind her, his chest pressed against her back and his arm wrapped around her waist. He kissed her shoulder, his beard scratching her skin in a pleasant way, and she smiled sleepily. "Little Red" Jacob whispered into her hair and paused for a moment. "I am sending some men to bring the deputy to me tomorrow, I am going to have to spend some time to begin his training" he told her, knowing that this would mean that they have less time together.

"It's alright Jacob, you got to deal with him" Rieka assured him and turned to face him, looking up at him. "Then we will have all the time in the world together" she smiled and rested one hand on his chest, the other on his cheek.

"It will all be over before we know it" Jacob assured her and she smiled before leaning up and kissing him. She curled up into his chest and fell asleep in his embrace. Jacob held her against him firmly before falling asleep.

Rieka knew that it would be over soon, she just didn't know how it would end.

(A/N: Far Cry 5 OneShot and Preferences book? Anyone interested? Requests are very welcome and appreciated!)