21. The Cages

Jacob had captured the Deputy and begun his training but he escaped, of course Jacob had expected it and could get him back whenever he felt like it. In fact it was only about a week later when Jacob sent more men after him, bringing the Deputy to the cages.

Rieka knew about the Deputy and Jacob's plan for him, that wasn't bothering her at all. What had been bothering her was the strange urge to throw up that she kept getting. It would come randomly and after sitting beside the toilet for a few minutes she would be fine. She had the stomach bug for almost three weeks now, but it wasn't effecting her in any other way so she wasn't worried. She never told Jacob about it because she didn't want to worry him when he is so busy.

Jacob left the Deputy in the cage for a week without food or water, barely even conscious. Once he woke up properly, Jacob was already sitting on a chair outside of his cage. Pratt was stood behind the soldier.

Rieka was waiting at the truck, she was told to wait until somebody came to get her. She was about to see the Deputy up close for the first time since she saw him in the church. She looked up at Pratt when she noticed him walking towards her. "Miss Red, Jacob told me to come and get you" he spoke politely. Pratt always seems to be more respectful towards Rieka and more fearful towards Jacob, neither of them minded though.

"Thank you Pratt" she smiled at him, she also didn't use his nickname that Jacob gave him. Peaches. She bent down to pick up her bag but Pratt picked it up first.

"I-I've got it" he smiled shyly.

"Thank you again" Rieka smiled and nodded before they walked towards the cages together.

"Ah, here she is" Jacob exclaimed and stood up when he saw Rieka and Pratt walking towards him. The Deputy tightened his grip on the bars and peered towards where Jacob was looking.

The Deputy had a similar reaction to Pratt when he first laid eyes on the woman since his visit to the church. He had spent so long in Hope County, surrounded by cultists. She was so clean and bright, he even caught a glimpse of her innocent eyes from under the hood. She was...perfect...angelic even. The other prisoners in the other cages where reaching out for her even though they couldn't get anywhere near touching her. The begged quietly for her to go to them and to help them.

The Deputy watched as Rieka walked up to Jacob, as Jacob reached over to her and carefully lowered her hood. It was as if he was revealing her to the Deputy, almost as if he was rubbing it in his face. At least that's what it felt like to Pratt. "Deputy, here, had received a few injuries from his time here, I thought that I would treat him since he did so well in his trial" Jacob explained to Rieka, smirking slightly.

Jacob lowered his arms and wrapped one around her waist, leading her towards the cage. "He will be on best behaviour...won't you?" Jacob growled at Deputy. The Deputy nodded slowly before turning his attention to the woman again.

Pratt handed Red her bag before following her towards the door of the cell. Jacob let Rieka and Pratt into the cage and locked the door behind them. Pratt remained by the door while Rieka walked over to the Deputy, kneeling down beside him. "Have you eaten?" she asked and he nodded. "Drank anything?" she asked but this time he shook his head.

"Here" she smiled and handed him a bottle of water. He took it cautiously before drinking the whole thing and placing it on the floor. "I'm just going to clean up your wounds and patch you up as well as I can" she spoke calmly and reassuringly. The Deputy looked over at Pratt who shifted slightly but didn't say anything. The Deputy nodded and Rieka smiled before pulling out a cloth and some alcohol to start cleaning his wounds.

"Who are you?" Deputy asked as she applied the alcohol to the cloth and began cleaning his wounds.

"My name is Red" she introduced herself.