31. The New Seeds

Jacob grabbed the glass of water before making his way upstairs, where Rieka was waiting for him in the bedroom. Rieka would be ready to give birth anytime from now and Jacob has been doing everything for her, much to her objections. He carried the glass of water upstairs and into their bedroom. When he walked into the room and shut the door behind him, he turned to face Rieka who was standing at the bottom of the bed with wide eyes.

"Are you alright?" Jacob asked as he walked further into the room and placed the glass down on the bed side table.

"Jacob...it's time" she told him, catching his attention instantly. He turned to her before hurrying over to her.

"You stay here, I am going to call the doctor and then I will call Joseph, he will get everyone here" Jacob assured her, trying to stay calm as he helped her onto the bed. He lay Rieka down into a comfortable position before kissing her forehead and calmly exiting the room.

Of course once he was out of the room he hurried to the phone and called doctor Dorian, pretty much ordering him to drive to the cabin as fast as possible but with minimum threats, then he called Joseph. His brother assured him that the family would be over as soon as they could, they were pretty much all on standby anyway.

-----

Things went as smooth as things could in the Seed family. Doctor Dorian arrived quickly, surely breaking some road laws to get to the cabin in time and to avoid Jacob's wrath. Joseph, John and Faith arrived about half an hour later and were waiting in the living room for somebody to update them.

Jacob sat beside Rieka for the whole duration of the birth, holding her hand and praising her for doing so well. He talked her through it, doing a much better job at reassuring her than doctor Dorian was.

Once the two beautiful babies were born, the doctor went through every precaution with them before laying them down in their cots that had been placed in their bedroom.

"Leave" Jacob ordered the doctor as he walked towards his newly born children. Dorian nodded at both new parents before hurrying out of the room, heading downstairs to tell the family everything.

Jacob stood at the bottom of the two cots and looked down at his children. Their daughter had Rieka's large doe eyes and their son had Jacob's deep blue eyes. The soldier picked his children up, holding a baby in each arm. He then turned and walked over to Rieka, who was sitting up in the bed.

"They are beautiful" Rieka commented as she took her son from him, holding the baby against her securely.

"They are" he nodded, now holding his daughter in both arms. He almost melted when she wrapped her tiny hand around his finger. "Should we tell the others to come up and meet them?" Jacob asked, looking at the woman who just gave birth to his children.

"Let them wait just a little bit longer" Rieka smiled before patting the spot on the bed beside her. Jacob smiled before walking around the bed and sitting next to her, leaning back against the headboard.

"Did you decide on any names?" Jacob asked, looking at her lovingly.

"I like the name Julian. Like you said, it's a good name for a leader and if he is anything like you he will be a strong leader" she smiled at both her baby and the man she loved.

"Julian...Julian Miller Seed" Jacob said, testing the name with a smile.

"Miller? You want to name him after Miller?" Rieka asked, a little shocked since he never mentioned it before.

"In a messed up way he is the reason I am even here today. What do you think?" he sighed, looking down at the baby boy in her arms.

"I love it" she smiled brightly down at her son. "What about girl names?" she asked and turned her attention back to Jacob.

"I wasn't sure at first but as soon as I looked at her I knew. Abigail" he answered.

"A father's joy, I like that. How about Abigail Grace Seed?" Rieka asked and looked down at the baby in his arms.

"That sounds perfect" he nodded.

Jacob and Rieka looked at each other with love and joy in their eyes, something that Jacob still wasn't used to feeling. Jacob leaned down and gently kissed Rieka before pulling away. "We should tell the others" she said. Jacob sighed slightly which just made Rieka laugh.

"I will be right back" Jacob promised her before standing up and taking both babies into his arms.

Rieka watched as he left the room with a smile on her face. Jacob walked down stairs with his babies in his arms, as soon as he walked into the living room his three siblings shot to their feet. All three of them had huge smiles on their faces while Doctor Dorian remained in his seat.

The siblings walked over to Jacob, admiring the two children. "This is Julian Miller Seed-" Jacob told them as he handed his son to Joseph. "-and this is Abigail Grace Seed" he said as he handed his daughter to John.

"So, you didn't call him John then?" the youngest brother joked and Jacob just shook his head.

"How is Rieka?" Faith asked as the brother admired the children.

"She is perfectly fine, just tired. Do you want to go and see her?" Jacob asked them and all three of them nodded.

The four of them began to walk upstairs. "Stay" Jacob ordered when Dorian stood up, he nodded nervously before sitting back down.

"He is expensive, can you at least try to be nice to him?" John asked as he gushed over the baby girl in his arms.

"I am being nice" Jacob shrugged as he walked them into the bedroom.

Rieka smiled when she saw her family walking in, her children in their uncles' arms. "They are gorgeous" Joseph complimented as Faith shut the bedroom door.

"Yeah, so they take after Rieka" John teased with a smirk, earning a glare for Jacob. John smiled at Rieka, knowing that he is safe as long as he is holding one of his children.

"They are so beautiful" Faith gushed, gently stroking Julian's cheek. "If you ever need any help then I will be here as quick as possible" she promised the couple, mainly looking at Rieka.

"Thank you" Red smiled at the family. Jacob looked at the woman and noticed that she is barely keeping her eyes open.

"Alright, let Rieka and the babies rest. You can all see her when she is feeling up to it" Jacob told his siblings. Joseph and John put the babies down in their cots before saying their goodbyes and leaving.

Doctor Dorian stayed a little longer before leaving the new family for the night, assuring them that he is only a phone call away and that he will remain in Hope County for as long as they need him. After the doctor left, Jacob joined Rieka in bed, being the one who dealt with the babies while she slept.

(What to you guys want to see in the upcoming chapters???)

(Side note- I think I have a kink for Jacob's jacket...I don't know...probably just for Jacob in general to be honest...)