09 | café

Maybe spending the whole night playing video games wasn't exactly the right choice, especially when you have work the very next day.

Jisoo yawned for the umpteenth time as the van slowly approached the SBS building. She didn't feel happy nor did she feel like jumping out the car today. She just wanted the whole thing to be done quickly as possible so that she could sleep for the remaining hours.

"Seems like someone didn't get enough sleep last night." Sangwon commented, as she carefully parked the car, "Were you reading your anime comics again?"

Jisoo sighed. "I regret staying up late. Also, the correct term for 'anime comics' is manga."

Sangwon chuckled as she turned off the car. "Alright then Miss Know-It-All. Let's hope that the recording is done early so that you could get some sleep."

Jisoo could only smile at her manager's remarks. She felt blessed that someone like Sangwon was working with her group. The woman never lets them down once; she seemed to be always prepared and organized with their schedules; and when times would get tough, she would always be at the sidelines for comfort. For short, Sangwon was the best manager any group could ask for.

Jisoo got out of the car right after Sangwon. She quickly walked to the doors of the building as fans started running towards her in the hopes of getting the idol's autograph or be able to converse with her.

Guards then immediately created the barrier the moment they have spotted the two stepping on the building's entrance. As she passed by her ever so loyal fans, she gave them a small reminder to eat well and not to starve themselves. It was the least she could do since she couldn't engage in a casual conversation with them.

Once they were inside the building, they quickly headed to their destination.

-

Jinyoung was quietly reading his cue cards, rehearsing the tone of his voice as he read his lines. While doing so, he would often take quick glances at his watch, then to the door—where he expected Jisoo to walk in any moment from now.

Jisoo rarely shows up late. She would always be the one who first shows up to the venue alongside her manager, which is why Jinyoung was surprised when the staff told him that he was the first one to arrive.

"One minute 'til showtime people!" A staff member yelled out.

As if on cue, Jisoo made a grand entrance by bursting through the doors with her manager following her closely. Sangwon then motioned the makeup artists to huddle around the female idol to get her face done.

Jinyoung could only watch as Jisoo struggled with reading her cue cards as she was being bombarded with makeup artists. He then narrowed his eyes upon seeing the bags under her eyes and the tired expression on her face.

Putting those two observations together, it was suddenly clear to Jinyoung that the female had stayed up late at night and overslept—or maybe she didn't sleep at all. Once Jisoo's quick preparations were done, all three of them were pushed to the stage as they would be live in the next ten seconds.

-

A wave of satisfaction and happiness washed over Jisoo as the staff had finally said that they were done recording. She was quite satisfied with how the interviews went as she didn't make a single mistake. She was honestly surprised that she was able to do so well despite getting no sleep at all.

"We're finally done~!" Jisoo chimed as she happily hopped down the stage with Jinyoung and Doyoung quietly following her from behind.

"You were almost late today.." Jinyoung stated as Jisoo came into a halt.