10 | just friends

"Well this is surprising.."

Jungkook quickly paused his game and turned his swivel chair around to face the door, seeing Taehyung quietly entering his studio. The younger just shrugged and faced the computer screen once again, resuming his game from before.

"What do you mean?" Jungkook asked, eyes still on the screen.

"I thought you'd be producing or at least focus on video editing, but here you are.." Taehyung walks closer to Jungkook and rests his arms on the swivel chair, "..playing video games."

"I'm just taking a break." Jungkook says as he aggressively starts to click on the mouse, "Shouldn't you be recording now? With Namjoon-hyung?"

Taehyung then rested his chin on Jungkook's head, "Everything went smoothly, so we managed to finish earlier than expected."

Silence shortly followed as both of them decided not to mutter another word. The only thing that was creating noises at that very moment was Jungkook's computer. It stayed like this for at least three minutes until Taehyung decided to speak again,

"So, have you've been contacting Jisoo-ssi lately?"

The question caught Jungkook off guard, which caused him to press the wrong key thus, losing the game. 'Game Over' then flashed right before his screen, but he didn't really care as he turned to face Taehyung.

"Why are you asking?" He asked, leaning against the chair. Jungkook thought it was quite odd that the older was asking him about a girl. He didn't think he was the type to ask him that kind of question.

"Since you asked for her gamertag, I figured that you'd be chatting with her." Taehyung said, tapping his foot against the floor, "Well?"

"I was able to chat with her, and we played together..." Jungkook said, as a smile slowly made its way to his lips, "We mostly played 'Overwatch' and boy, does she suck. She keeps on dying every time we go together." He then snickered as he thought of the times where Jisoo got mad whenever someone had killed her character.

He then glanced at Taehyung, who had an ear-to-ear grin plastered on his face. "Sounds like to me that you're enjoying her company a lot."

Jungkook noticed the 'malicious' meaning behind the older's statement and immediately shook his head, "You're getting it all wrong hyung, she's just a friend."

(a/n: *cOuGhS*)

Taehyung laughs. "I was just playing with ya, Kookie." He then pats the younger's shoulders, "I'll be heading out now, see yah- and don't play too much!" And with that, he left.

Jungkook was now alone. He just sat there, staring at the door whilst contemplating on the conversation that happened moments ago.

He is quite certain of the fact that he isn't feeling anything for Jisoo. He only sees her as a friend who is interested in gaming, just like him plus if ever he had feelings for the girl then he would probably just ignore it and try his very best to forget about. He didn't want his career to crumble down nor does he want his name to be given a bad reputation. Jungkook shook his head and turned back to his computer screen, grabbing hold of the mouse to resume his game.

-

Achoo!

Lisa snickered as she saw Jisoo making an 'ugly face' right after sneezing. She would've taken a photo but the older would probably persuade her to delete it.

"Uh-oh, looks like someone's talking about you~" Lisa teased whilst grinning at the older member.

Jisoo scoffed. "Don't be silly Lisa. It's probably just a cold." She then plopped right beside the younger, who was sitting on the living room couch.

"I'm surprised to see you here. You rarely go out of your room." Lisa said as she went back to looking at her phone.

Jisoo yawned as she leaned on Lisa's shoulder whilst hugging a pillow. "I've been playing video games lately. Thought I'd get some rest."

Lisa stopped scrolling on her phone and glanced at Jisoo, who was about to doze off. "Unnie, you should take care of yourself." She said, concern laced in her tone.

Jisoo nodded and hugged the pillow tighter. "I'll be sleeping now, so don't disturb me." She said before snuggling closer to the younger.

"You know, I find it weird that you're playing video games more often these days." Lisa said as she caressed Jisoo's face, "You usually prefer to either read books or watch anime."

Jisoo sighed and stared at Lisa. "I just find it entertaining, okay? Besides, I can't always be buried in books and anime."

Lisa narrowed her eyes at the older. "I dunno.. You're acting all defensive right now." She then inched closer to Jisoo, "Does Hanbin have anything to do with this?"

Jisoo scoffed. "You know we aren't allowed to talk to them."

"If not then what is it?" Lisa was growing curious with each passing second.

Jisoo sighed (again). She hesitated whether she should tell Lisa or not. If she were the go with the option of not saying anything then the younger would just continue to bother her for awhile to the point where the other members would join in. The other option would also do her no good since she would be just met up with a series of endless teasing.

'Maybe she could keep a secret?' Jisoo thought as she looked at Lisa, who was muttering to herself.

Jisoo sighed (again) and tapped Lisa's shoulder, causing the younger to look at her. "What is it?"

"I'll tell you the reason why."

Lisa was about to rejoice when Jisoo gave her the 'please-don't-react-yet' look.

"But on one condition. You must not tease me nor will you use this secret to blackmail me."

Lisa nodded and crossed her heart, sealing the promise that she half-heartedly swore to keep.

"Okay.." Jisoo began, "So it went like this..."

[ a few hours later ]

"..and that's why I am playing video games more often."

Lisa just looked at Jisoo in awe and disbelief. She couldn't believe that the girl was lucky enough to meet one of her favourite idols and have one member ask for her 'Overwatch' gamertag. Not only that but she managed to become acquainted with him in a matter of minutes.

"Sounds like you two enjoy each other's company." Lisa said, earning a smack on the shoulder.

"I'm sure that he only sees me as a friend." Jisoo says, "And I am a hundred percent sure that both of us want to focus on our career."

Lisa shakes her head before going back to looking at some webtoons on her phone. "I'll believe it when I see it."

Jisoo just rolls her eyes before going back to doing her initial plan, which was to get some rest. She grabbed one of the pillows before resting her head on Lisa's shoulders. Awhile after that, she started dozing off.