43 | fools in love

Only fools fall for you...

Jisoo had always been cautious when it came to relationships. She has seen what it has done to idols behind closed doors and solemnly promised not to go down that route. There was even a golden rule set by their agency that they are banned from dating at all—only for a span of three years. She never let it bothered her too much, considering she never saw herself being in a relationship during her rookie years as she would probably be way too preoccupied with work to even look at someone that way.

"Relationships are way too tiring honestly."

She recalled saying that in the spur of the moment during their breaks from practice. As the other three members were chattering about which male idol would be an ideal boyfriend, she spurted that out, earning weird looks from the other three.

"But unnie, I know you'll have a boyfriend." commented Chaeyoung, taking a swig from her water bottle. Lisa hummed in agreement, "Yeah, you're very pretty unnie, and with your personality? Guys would be falling for you in no time."

Jisoo only smiled at the compliment. She has heard of that for countless of times; not that she was getting tired of it, but she had already grown used to it. She was very much aware of how her looks could draw other people in, which made her even more cautious as there are people out there who only like you for that attribute. She didn't want to be gullible and allow her heart to be broken just like that, so she built a wall around herself—for her sake and for the members.

Well, that's what she thought until she met Jeon Jungkook.

The male's name wasn't foreign in the industry. Even during their rookie days, Jungkook and his group had made quite a name and reputation for themselves. From being ridiculed for simply calling themselves 'bulletproof' to becoming one of the top boy groups in the world with a solid fanbase. She respected them a lot despite the struggles in the industry. Their dedication and effort they put into their crafts was admirable, and she couldn't help but become a fan. So one could only imagine the shock in Jisoo's face when one of the members approached her and asked her to come to their waiting room.

That's where she met him. At first, it diving into a friendship with Jungkook seemed harmless; after all, he just wanted her number and her gamer tag since they both could relate at that subject so much; but the more they talked, the more they trudged into deep, dangerous waters. Jisoo simply denied it at first, thinking that the fast beating of her heart was due to the excitement of having another friend outside of YG Entertainment; but the more she spends her time with him, the more she began to realize that it was not the case anymore.

She had fallen in love with him.

What started as a harmless friendship between a male idol and a female idol turned into something more. Jisoo thought that things would be over for them if she confessed. She was scared of the rejection at first, then she feared the thought of him laughing it off and breaking her heart. She didn't want that at all; she was terrified of that.

But he loved her the same.

Jisoo was euphoric when she heard the words that she wanted to hear escape from Jungkook's mouth. She couldn't believe that this was reality; that she was finally in a relationship with someone. At first, she was terrified of the new territory that she would be marching in. She wasn't even sure if she could provide the male a happy life; if he even sees a future with her; or if she was enough for him. But when she gazed upon those beautiful orbs of his, she knew that he was going to be worth it.