14 | *panicking intesifies*

Jungkook couldn't exactly sleep well. After what Taehyung said back there, he had been pondering about his relationship with Jisoo.

"Nothing really happened between us." Jungkook muttered as he stares blankly at the ceiling, "Just a couple of encounters and gaming... that's all."

He then tossed to the other side and grabbed his phone. Once unlocked, Jungkook quickly went to a browser and searched: 'How to know if a girl likes you'.

He tapped the first article that popped up in the search results;

'How to know if a girl likes you!

Scientist Monica Moore was able to determine atleast 52 signs whilst observing 200 single women. Out of the 52 signs, Moore chose 12 signs to be the most frequent;

• Smiling at you
• Shooting short glances
• Darting her eyes away when you look at her
• Making prolonged eye contact with you
• Running fingers through her hair
• Licking her lips
• Tilting her head towards you
• Turning in her seat towards you
• Lightly touching you on the arm or shoulder
• Laughing when you talk
• Caressing an object in her hands...'

Jungkook didn't even bother to read the whole article. He placed his phone back on his nightstand and lets out a sigh of relief, "Welp, the whole article explains it."

He then snuggled under his covers and closed his eyes before drifting off to sleep.

-

Morning came and it was time for Jungkook to get back to practicing. Their comeback stage will be less than a week and he wanted everything to be on point; from his vocals to his sharp dance moves.

As expected, he was the first one to arrive in the practice room. Jungkook wasted no time and connected his phone to the speakers, he then played their soon-to-be released song, 'DNA'.

Whilst Jungkook had been practicing, each of the members filed in the room one by one. They all carried a tired expression on their faces as they dragged theirselves into the dance practice room.

They weren't surprised when they saw Jungkook already sweating; the kid works hard and he has proven that trait for countless of times. Hoseok then grabs everyone's attention, including Jungkook.

"Alright." Hoseok began, looking through his phone, "I have just received a message from our trainer and he instructed us to do a run through of our choreography before doing vocal exercises." He then looks up and turns to his members, "He won't be with us today as he mentioned of doing something really important."

No one questioned the instructions and quickly went to their places. As soon as the music started, everyone got serious. The atmosphere of the room was so intense; none of them dared to joke around. Their synchronised tapping against the floor echoed throughout the studio as they were almost about to reach their 'killing' part—which was their version of the DNA structure.

The intense atmosphere continued on until they have reached the end of their song. The moment the music died down, each one of them erupted into cheers as their run through of the choreography went by smoothly.

-

"Where do you think you're going?"

Jungkook stopped in his tracks as he turned to face Jimin. "I'll be going out. I just want to watch other people busking, y'know?"

"Alright, but be careful."

"Sure." And with that, Jungkook left.

It had been quite awhile since Jungkook left the confinements of their company building; after all, these past few weeks have been spent on finishing and perfecting the album for their upcoming comeback. Though it was tiring, he absolutely loved the thought of seeing their fans once again with a brand new set of songs they could jam to.

Once Jungkook was already out, he immediately put on his hoodie and made sure that his mask covered the entire half of his face. He hoped that no one could recognise him, otherwise he would definitely see his face on the cover page of news articles.

He heard the low grumble of his stomach and chuckled to himself. Without any second thoughts, he went to look for the nearest convenient store—which happened to be the same store where he met Jisoo.

Speaking of Jisoo, it has also been awhile since he had spent some online gaming time with her. As much as he enjoyed her company, seeing her now probably isn't the best time. Even after receiving confirmation from a website that the aforementioned female held no feelings for him, he still had doubts. He should sort out his feelings or at least get a direct signal from her.

Jungkook casually walks inside the convenient store. As expected, there were not a lot of people in the premises; considering that it was a working day. He proceeded to stroll around the aisles, eyes scanning for something he could munch on.

Minutes later, he had finally found a bag of spicy potato chips. Jungkook reached out his hand to grab it, but at the same time, someone else has their hold on the product.

Jungkook obviously wasn't going to argue with the person since he wanted to keep it low. So he immediately let go of the product and took a few steps back, "Sorry about that." He says.

"Jungkook?"

His whole body immediately froze as he soon as he recognised the voice. It was as if fate decided to toy with his emotions once again. Jungkook's stomach churned when he saw the figure in front of him unveils their identity.

He couldn't believe it.

Standing in front of him was ex-girlfriend, Chou Tzuyu.