34 | a declaration of war

Hanbin was taken aback by the bold declaration, taking in a few seconds to actually digest what Jungkook meant. The older male then scoffed, a smug look forming on his masked face, "Drop the act. It's useless."  Hanbin spat, "There's no cameras rolling, why even bother?"

"I'm serious, Hanbin-ssi." Jungkook uttered out, tone matching his statement. "I really mean what I said."

Hanbin shakes his head in disbelief. "Cut the crap, Jungkook. I'm pretty sure Dispatch isn't following-"

"Are you even listening to what I said?" Jungkook interjected, getting slightly annoyed and angry at the denial of Hanbin. He just wants to go back inside and be with Jisoo, but the older was really making this conversation difficult.

"I am positive that what I am saying is nothing but the truth, Hanbin-ssi." Jungkook continues, "Just accept-"

"No." Hanbin flatly responds. There was a moment of silence before Jungkook hears the older take in a deep breath, "Because I love her too."

In contrast with Hanbin, Jungkook wasn't surprised. The way he rushed to the hospital after the news; the way he's being slightly delusional and straight up in denial, it was all because of the feelings he harbors for Jisoo. What could he do though? She was already with someone else.

Jungkook opened his mouth to speak, but was immediately interrupted by the older. "I've been with her since pre-debut and I've been trying to goddamn hard not to break our friendship..." He utters out, clearly agitated and angry, "And just when I finally got the courage to atleast do something about it, you come in the picture."

The younger could feel his stomach wrench as he hears Hanbin's voice crack. It felt like the last statement was meant to tell him some underlying comment such as, 'It was your fault'. He presses his lips and unconsciously holds his breath as the older continues on with his rambling.

"At first, I was able to bear it, because Jisoo was happy." Hanbin paused, hands forming into fists, "But after what happened today, I had enough." He snapped, "Jisoo got hurt, she was sent to the hospital, and some sort of scandal might form from this."

Hanbin then points at Jungkook accusingly, "And you should know damn well that this is all your fault." He spat, venom laced in his down as he emphasized the last word.

Jungkook just had about enough as well, looking at the male as if he had a few loose screws. He was clearly angry, however, approaching this situation with unstable emotions would eventually lead to a fist fight. The younger takes a deep breath, fearing the thought of taking this man head on and risking another scandal. He knew he had to talk his way out of this mess that the older started.

"Look, I understand that you're frustrated." Jungkook began, thinking carefully of his next words, "But you need to understand that blaming someone for something that is completely out of their control isn't the best route." He finished, looking at the older male with pleading eyes, hoping that his words would get through him.

"And you need to understand that you have to be happy-"

Jungkook's words were cut off by the sound of footsteps quickly approaching him. The younger male was cut off guard as Hanbin grabs him by the collar, "Don't you dare tell me to be happy because I'm not." Hanbin angrily whispers, "Because you wouldn't understand."

Hanbin then pushed Jungkook away from him, causing the younger male to stumble a few steps back. He then makes eye contact with the older, and there, he could see the hatred swirling in those dark orbs of his.

"I'm not going to give up on Jisoo, Jungkook-ssi." Hanbin declared, "So consider this a warning."

The older then turned and started walking away, not even sparing Jungkook a glance. The younger watched the fleeting figure of Hanbin with a heavy heart. Storm waves more vicious than the last would definitely come his way in a few weeks or days, all he needs to do is to be prepared for the worse. He sighs and turns back to the hospital, walking inside.

-

Jisoo was discharged the next day. Jungkook made sure that he would be the one to accompany her back to their dorm since the other BLACKPINK members have left the night before, as all of them had schedules for photoshoots and variety shows the next day. Jin and Bobby had also left the night before, knowing how awkward the atmosphere would be if they were to remain.

Sangwon sighed in relief as Jisoo and Jungkook walk out the hospital's doors. "Thank God nothing serious happened to you." The manager uttered as she pulls the female into an embrace, she then gestures both of them to hop onto the company van.

As Sangwoon drove through the streets, Jisoo and Jungkook find themselves basking in a comfortable silence at the backseat. Fingers laced with one another as Jisoo rests her head on Jungkook's shoulder, slowly dozing off. The male, on the other hand, was in deep thought. Hanbin's threat still lingered in his mind, leaving a rather bitter taste. He then slightly turns his head to Jisoo, who was now in 'do not disturb' mode.

He was determined to make this relationship work, and some baseless threats from some outsider isn't going to stop him from that. Jungkook slightly tightens his grip around Jisoo's hands, as he was given the sudden urge to protect her. 'I don't want to see her sad again..' He thought to himself as flashbacks of the female idol breaking down in his arms played at the back of his mind.

Jungkook sighs and gently props his chin on top of Jisoo's head before slowly nuzzling into her hair. Whatever Hanbin was going to throw at him, he is determined to get through it all; let it be a cheating scandal or whatnot, he will no longer depend or cower behind the protection of the company. He'll make sure that the fans will hear from him first and not from some statement made by the label.

'I just hope that Hanbin isn't going to be harsh.'

-

stay safe everyone! always wear a mask and carry a hand sanitizer or alcohol ❤️