22 | "just fine"

It didn't take long for the public to go crazy over the official announcement of Jisoo and Jungkook's relationship. News channels were already covering the story; radio stations were discussing the reactions and their thoughts; fans posting their initial reactions; to be frank, the whole situation became a huge mess.

"At this point, I'm just tired, Jungkook..." Jisoo sighs, eyes looking sadly at the screen, "This whole situation is becoming a mess- revealing this false relationship was never a good idea in the first place."

The two idols are currently having a video call session—which was highly suggested by YG so that they could discuss their date tomorrow. Yes, you read that right; YG had also recommended to them that they better have more outings together, in order to prove the statements of both companies.

"Don't worry, Chu." Jungkook says in a reassuring tone, "This will be all over soon."

A small smile could be seen on Jisoo's lips upon hearing Jungkook's voice. She nodded in agreement as a little fire of hope started to flicker within her. "Yeah... There is no need for me to feel down." She then glances at Jungkook, who can be seen blankly staring at her from the screen, "For now, we should focus on our little date tomorrow." She then adds a wink to 'tease' her friend; little did she know that with that single action she did, gave Jungkook's heart reasons to beat faster.

Jungkook chuckles as his hand slowly makes it way to his face. He proceeds to cover half of his face, hiding his flustered cheeks. "Yeah..."

"So where do you want to go?" Jisoo asks, leaning closer to the screen as she looks at Jungkook expectantly.

"Uhhh..." Jungkook pauses, still trying to collect himself from the sudden "heart attacks". Jisoo notices the silence from the boy, and couldn't help but show slight concern.

"You alright there?" She asks.

"Yeah..." Jungkook mumbles before letting out a nervous chuckle, "Just feeling a little fuzzy, that's all..."

Jisoo didn't buy into Jungkook's answer one bit, nevertheless, she decided to continue on with their conversation.

"Okay then." Jisoo then props her arm onto the desk so that she could rest her chin on the palm of her hand, "So, do you have any ideas on how to spend the day tomorrow?"

"Erm... We could go to the movies." Jungkook suggested, which earned a nod of approval from Jisoo.

"Sounds like a great idea! Movie date it is~" Jisoo says, sounding quite delighted, "Then maybe we can go around Han River? Does that sound okay?"

Jungkook smiles a bit and nods. At this point, he could agree to almost anything Jisoo would say; even if the girl were to tell him that they both should jump off the cliff. The desire of becoming friends with this female disappeared over the times they hung out and were replaced with this feeling of wanting to be with her. He knew that this infatuation towards this woman wasn't going to go away any time sooner; and as much as he wanted to follow his heart and tell the girl that he has, indeed, fallen for her, he couldn't.

Jungkook feared rejection. He was scared that Jisoo couldn't reciprocate his feelings for her; he couldn't stand that thought at all. Plus things would be awkward for them; or worst, the female wouldn't want to associate herself with him anymore. At this moment, the status of being 'just friends' with Jisoo was more than enough for him.

"Jisoo..." He muttered, which was heard by the female. She immediately stopped talking about the possible restaurants they could go to and is now looking at Jungkook.

"Yeah?"

The male realised that he unintentionally cut off the girl during his trancelike state. Jungkook mentally facepalmed and scolded himself for not getting a grip of his mouth and feelings.

"U-Uhm. Nothing! You can continue." Jungkook says.

"I think we have both decided on a few things on what to do tomorrow..." Jisoo then yawns, clearly telling the lad that she was tired, "I'll go to sleep now, Kook."

Jungkook smiles and waves at Jisoo, who barely had enough energy to wave back yet she still managed to.

"Night, Chu." Jungkook says.

"Night, Kook. Sweet dreams~" She smiles one last time before ending the video call.

Jungkook sighs as he leans against his swivel chair. He then looks at the ceiling, smiling contently as fragments of their conversation moments ago flash in his head.

'Yeah..' He thought to himself, 'I'm fine with being  just friends with her...'