44 | burning bridges

⚠️ :: slight violence

FRIDAY, 9:45 AM

D-39 before the collaboration stage

Pants and heavy breathing filled the room as the music comes to a halt. The choreographer's narrowed eyes softened as he proceeds to clap rather proudly. "Nice performance! No mistakes so far." He commented as hums of agreement and short responses erupted in the room. Jungho scans their faces, "We'll polish the unity dance next week, so continue to give effort into this collaboration stage. You may now disperse." On his command, the idols did disperse back into their first unit groups. Jisoo quietly followed Doyoung and Jinyoung as the two continued to chatter about how their lines will be sung.

She was holding onto the lyrics, which was clipped in a small-sized brown paper folder. Jisoo hums the melody to herself, fully concentrated into getting the tone right. She was seemed so indulged in her own world that she had failed to hear footsteps approaching and the male voice calling out to her. She only then snaps out from her train of thoughts when she feels the warmth being pressed on her shoulder. She spun around, only to see that it was Hanbin. Her humming comes to a halt as she closed the folder, "What's up?" She inquired.

Hanbin smiles. "Nothing." He looks down and meekly rubs the back side of his neck, "It's been awhile since we've hung out... Want to hang out at the dorm with the boys later?" He then glances up, eyes gleaming at the female with hope. Jisoo opens her mouth, but nothing comes out. Her eyes then dart somewhere else, as if purposely trying to avoid the male's eye contact. She inhales sharply before shaking her head, "No, I don't think I'll be heading back with you guys this time. Jungkook already asked me out you see..." Her voice then trails off to incoherent mumbling before tucking a strand behind her ear. The male gave the female a tight-lipped smile, feeling his heart sink to the bottom of his stomach, "Alright... I'll see you around then." Raising his hand slightly, he then turns around and heads back to his own unit.

Jisoo watches quietly at the fleeting figure of Hanbin. She then sighs and turns back to where her unit was being stationed.

Bobby looks up to his leader expectantly as Hanbin trudges over to their unit. "Hey, is noona coming?" Hanbin shakes his head in response. The male rapper huffs and clicked his tongue, "Well it was to expected, after all, she's taken already." He says nonchalantly. The leader remained silent. It was beginning to look pathetic honestly, how he is pining after someone who already has eyes on another. He kept telling himself that everything was going to be alright; that Jisoo would certainly run to his arms if he continued to play dirty, but why wasn't it working? Nothing has changed; the woman he wants still doesn't want him. His eyes unconsciously dart towards Jungkook's direction, who was currently indulged in belting high notes with his fellow co-idols in his respective unit. He doesn't understand what was so special about him; what attracted Jisoo to him. It continues to infuriate him as he has yet to understand. Jungkook was just like any other idol. Hardworking, talented, and attractive. Hanbin knows for a fact that he fits into the criteria as well; plus, he knew her longer than him. So, what was he missing?

"Hanbin-ssi, were you listening?" The aforementioned male's train of thoughts came into a halt as he hears a deep male voice calling out to him. He turns his attention back to his unit, and sees that they were all looking at him expectantly. Chanyeol, who seemed to be the one in-charge, was holding a paper and was also looking at him expectantly. Hanbin snaps out of his dazed look and nods. "Yeah, shall we go over the lines?"

The group exchanges confused looks at Chanyeol inwardly sighs exasperatedly. "No, I was thinking about the line distribution. I was asking for your opinion if it is fair or not but it seemed like you weren't listening..." The senior idol explains calmly. Hanbin's ears flushed red in embarrassment before mumbling an apology before joining the other rappers in the discussion.