39 | the press conference

It was nerve wracking. Absolutely nerve wracking.

Jisoo could feel the hairs on her back stand as she feels the icy stares of the journalists, as if they were slowly and patiently waiting for her downfall. She gulped, clenching her hands into fists, feeling it starting to sweat from the nervousness. 'Just act natural...' She thought to herself, smiling to a few cameras before she and Jungkook were instructed to sit down. She glances over to Jungkook, who has his chin held up high and looking absolutely confident. Seeing the calm and collected demeanor of her boyfriend boosted her confidence for a bit. 

"Alright, a pleasant morning to you all." A male voice boomed over the speakers, startling Jisoo. Jungkook glances over to the female, shooting her a concerned look. The female throws him a reassuring smile, but that didn't stop him from reaching over to her hands, intertwining hers with his. As the speaker continued to monotonously explain how the press conference will go, the younger male rubs circles around the female's hand using his thumb.

"We'll be okay..." He whispered to her, causing a sudden uproar in the room. The overlapping voices began to irritate the hell out of Jisoo, but she somehow forced a smile and nodded at Jungkook's reassuring words. With one last look at his face, the female turns to the crowd, letting go of the younger's hand in the process. She looks at the paper in front of her and skims over the contents; apparently, the companies have prepared answers for questions that'll surely be asked. Looking at the paper, the female felt slightly confident, at least she has something to look over at just in case she messes up.  

"Shall we start?" The same male voice booms over the speaker, the question pertaining to the two idols. They curtly nodded in unison, glancing at each other before looking at the reporters, "Alright, first question.."

Jungkook gestures over to a middle-aged man who was d, dressed in a navy blue polo shirt tucked into faded blue jeans. The man looked rather pleased as he gazed upon his tacky notepad, skimming over the dozens of questions he prepared. With the microphone provided, he speaks into the device, "Jungkook-ssi, are the rumors true regarding your relationship with Jisoo-ssi? How everything was fabricated by the two companies for media play?"

Jisoo tried her very best not to show a frown upon hearing the last two words: "media play". Her group was always associated with those two words whenever they would achieve something, and honestly, it was tiring. She glances over to Jungkook, looking at him expectantly. He grabs one of the microphones, "No. I am assertive that my relationship with Jisoo isn't fake for the sake of media play", he gives the girl a quick side glance, "The rumors were stemmed from an article with baseless accusations; no evidence provided whatsoever, just angry ranting."

Jungkook's eyes shone with confidence as he sets the microphone down, rendering the reporter speechless. The atmosphere suddenly became tense for the media, seeing that the idols were confident in rebutting the rumors. Jisoo inwardly rejoices seeing that the chatter was slowly dying down. Then the next reporter came forward, this time, a female who appeared to be around her 20's, dressed in a more professional attire. She had one phone in one while a microphone in the other. 

"Jisoo-ssi, what are your thoughts on the whole situation?"

Jisoo felt her breath hitched at the call of her name. She reaches out for the microphone, "Uhm.." She inwardly proceeds to curse at herself for starting with an 'uhm', which was a clear sign of nervousness. She swallowed in her saliva, "I think that this entire situation was completely blown out of proportion.. I stand by with what Jungkook said, the article had no evidence.. I believe the public just overreacted."