21 | taking the biggest step

"So, that's final?"

"Positive."

"Alright. Let's hope that we've made the right decision by doing this."

Jisoo sighed for umpteenth time today as she passed by Jennie's room. The door was still shut; the tray that she left for her was untouched; and she could still hear depressing music blasting. It was saddening, really; how their relationship began crumbling down right after the scandal started.

Speaking of scandal, there was no word from Jungkook or from his company. She hoped that he would at least send her a text message of encouragement, but she got nothing at all. The thought of the younger male not wanting to do anything with her after this scandal gave her a pang in the chest. She really enjoyed his company, and it would be a shame if all of that were to disappear.

'No. Don't think negative now, Jisoo.' She thinks to herself, slapping both of her cheeks in unison in order to get rid off her downcast expression, 'Jungkook isn't that kind of person.'

But she couldn't help but doubt that statement. It wasn't like they knew each other since diapers; it wasn't like they were childhood friends; they were simply just two idols who got close because they share a similar interest in gaming, that was all there is to it. Jisoo sighed as she plopped onto the couch, pulling oit her phone to check for any new messages from him—and like from before, she got none.

Just as she was about to turn on the television and mope around, her phone suddenly rang. Jisoo was startled, nearly dropping her phone—miraculously, her horrible reflexes seemed to have saved the day. She looked at the screen, and boy was she in for a shock when her eyes laid upon the caller ID.

It was her boss; the CEO of the company; it was Yang Hyun Suk. Jisoo could only pray for the best as she answers the call.

"Yes?" Jisoo tried her very best to sound natural and not like a person who is being held at gun point, but really, that's how she feels at this very moment. The other line was still silent, which gave an uncomfortable tension in the atmosphere. So the CEO decided to break it by finally speaking.

"Come to the 7th floor, I would like to discuss a few things with you."

And with that, the line went dead. Jisoo could feel her heart pounding against her chest as she slowly puts her phone inside her pocket. This was it. She was finally going to pack her bags and say goodbye to the industry, to her members, and most of all, to her fans.

"Maybe I could sneak into Miyeon-ssi's group right after this." Jisoo muttered, trying to lift her spirits up as she walks out of the dorms to meet with the man who holds her entire career.

-

Jungkook sat right across Yang Hyun Suk. He could feel his glare piercing into his soul, and he didn't like that feeling at all. The male glanced at his CEO, who only shot him a reassuring smile and a pat in the back—which made him feel slightly better about this whole meeting.

Bang PD then sat right beside Yang Hyun Suk, starting a conversation with him so that he wouldn't have to glare at the idol anymore. Jungkook gave his boss a thankful look before leaning against the chair, feeling more relaxed than before.

'Jeez... That was intense.' Jungkook thought to himself as he carefully slides his hand into his pocket so that he could grab his phone. Once the device was out, he immediately puts it on silent mode before unlocking it.

He was faced with tons of notifications from his family members, idol friends, members, social media, and etc., but his mind was set in only attending to one of those notifications. Jungkook scrolled through the 'Messages' app until he finally found Jisoo's contact.

Chichu 🐰
Hi Jungkook... I saw the news, and I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for this. I know that this scandal will definitely affect both of our careers to the point where we'll be forced to cut ties together; but I sincerely hope that you don't do that. I hope nothing will change after this storm; we'll get through it. Fighting 💖

Just as Jungkook was about to write a reply, the door suddenly opened. He turned to look at the person walking in, and his eyes nearly bulged out of its sockets when he saw Jisoo. Didn't Bang PD stated that Yang Hyun Suk only asked for him? Why was she here?

He shot his boss a confused look before turning back to Jisoo, who sat right beside him. Jungkook's heart fell at the sight of the girl; bags could be clearly seen under her eyes, her happy and cheerful demeanour was gone, and her fluffy cheeks weren't so fluffy anymore. He could tell that she was more affected than him.

Jungkook wanted to comfort her, but he had to stop himself since he was in front of YG.

"Alright..." Yang Hyun Suk began, hands clasped together and brought closer to his mouth, "I'll just tell you both the main reason why you're both here."

Jungkook and Jisoo both held their breaths, ears listening closely as to what the CEO has to say.

"As you can see, I have clearly met up with BigHit to discuss a plan of action about this scandal." Yang Hyun Suk said, eyes darting to Jisoo, "And we have thought that this might be a solution for the problem."

'Oh God, here it comes.'

'Please let me stay in BLACKPINK.'

"We're going to make this rumors true." Yang Hyun Suk says, before glancing at the two idols, who seemed to be confused.

"For short, you guys will be actually dating."