The Scan

(Y/n)'s POV
The day of the 1st baby scan

I woke up in a good mood as today was the day I finally got to see my baby! I couldn't contain my excitement, so much that I woke up Levi in the process of me prancing about our room whilst getting ready. "You're in a good mood this morning dearest" he chuckled to himself, I turned around to be greeted by his sleepy grey eyes and his raven bed-head hair. I smiled at him, crawled on the bed next to him and lay down. "Come on hurry up we don't want to be late to go and see baby Ackerman!" I squealed, he smiled widely and chucked at me, "you are honestly adorable" I kissed his cheek and got up from the bed, "why don't we skip breakfast and stop at the cafe on the way home for brunch" he said as he looked at the clock on the wall which read 10:45am, i turned to look at him and he nodded his head as he got up from bed to get ready.

20 minutes later..

Levi and I took a carriage into town where the local doctors was, the town was always usually busy but today it was quite quiet compared to most days. Once the carriage stopped Levi stepped out and held his hand out to help me down, "Such a gentleman" I chuckled, he smiled at me as he closed the carriage door and said "Of course" we then headed off into the doctors office.

After seeing the receptionist we sat in the waiting room for a good 10 minutes before being seen by the doctor. "Mrs Ackerman" the doctor called into the waiting room, i stood up and made my way into the doctors room, Levi followed behind me. "So are you here for a pregnancy scan?" The doctor smiled at me, I nodded my head, "okay Mrs Ackerman, just lay down on the bed and put your shirt up enough so I can see your stomach and lower abdomen" the doctor said, I nodded my head and done as she told me. "So Mrs Ackerman, first child?" She asked me, I nodded my head. "Aw lovely, anyways the gel I am applying to your stomach may be a bit cold" the doctor said as they applied the cold gel to my (s/c) skin. Levi stood next to me holding my hand tightly as the doctor wired up the machine and set it up, I looked up and him and I smiled. "I love you" he said, "I love you too Levi" a few seconds later the doctor began to scan my stomach, a picture of our child came up on the screen except it wasn't one child it was two. I gasped and looked up at Levi, he looked confused. "Is that two babies there doctor?" The doctor looked at Levi and nodded their head whilst smiling, "yes, you're having twins. We won't be able to tell if it's two of the same gender or one of each but we will find out in the weeks ahead" Levi looked down at me, a tear rolling down his face, "This is amazing" he said as he squeezed my hand. "I know, two little Ackerman babies" I kissed his hand and looked at the screen that showed our two babies, wondering what they'd be like, two little Levi's or two little versions of me, or one of each, who knows! I just can't wait to meet them, Levi and I have never been happier. 

After the doctors Levi took me to the café so we could relax for a while and not need to worry about anything going on back at HQ, Levi was working very hard to get extra money for the nursery, now he needs to work twice as hard now that there is two little ones on the way. I looked over at him, he looked so happy, he couldn't stop smiling and neither could I, "I can see you're just as excited and as pleased as I am" he chuckled, I nodded my head. "Yup, I cant wait to meet them" Levi nodded his head and took a bite out of his jam filled donut, "only 8 more months to go!" He said enthusiastically, I giggled at his actions and leaned over the table and kissed him on the forehead. "I love you, and the two miracles inside of you" he said as he looked down at my stomach, "I'm sure they'll love you as much as I do daddy Levi" he smirked and looked down, "I thought I told you to only call me that in the bedroom" I shook my head and smirked at him, "Yeah well it's a shame we can't do it for another 8 months" he smirked and leaned over the table to whisper in my ear, "believe me once those two are out of you I will be all over you, not until we have our next one that is" I gasped and smiled, "you really want to have more than 2 children" he nodded his head, "were a great team, and we will be great parents for our children, plus we want to provide the Survey Corps with a few new recruits don't we" he winked, "of course, one day they'll be as skilled as their dad" he shook his head, "don't you mean as good as their mum and dad, you're just as skilled as I am sweetheart and don't you forget that" he said as he took my hand and held it.

After the café we went back to HQ to tell Hanji and the others the news about the twins. We first stopped at Hanji's lab as she was probably quite busy in there, we chapped on the door a few times before she opened it with Erwin standing next to her. "Oh hello, we weren't expecting you" she said blushing, me and Levi smiled at each other and walked in, "we have some news to tell you two!" I said excitedly, "oooo! I'm so excited! Come on tell us!" Hanji said jumping up and down. I cleared my throat and Levi butted in to say, "we're having twins" Hanji's face lit up and she hugged us both tightly, "I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU TWO! THIS IS AMAZING NEWS! 2 BABIES? WOW!" Levi and I laughed at her actions and looked over at Erwin, "congratulations you two!" He said smiling happily. After we told the news to Hanji and Erwin I decided to go and tell Mikasa, Eren and Armin the news. They were all in the food hall eating some sort of concoction Jean had made, "Hey guys" I said as I sat down next to them, "Hey (Y/n)! Where have you been all day" Eren asked, "I was away at the doctors getting the first scan of the baby" I said smiling, Mikasa looked at me and smiled. "How is the baby" she asked me, I smiled at her and looked down. "Not baby, but babies" Armin and Eren gasped, "You're having twins?!" Armin shouted, I nodded my head and smiled. "That's amazing news (Y/n)! Wow i'm so happy for you two" Eren said smiling, I looked at him a little longer than I should have as his eyes hid sadness behind that smile, I couldn't help but feel guilty. "Yeah, they'll love their Uncle Eren and Uncle Armin! And of course they'll love their Auntie Mikasa!" I said laughing. They all laughed with me, "you're going to make an amazing mum" Mikasa said as she hugged me. "Yeah, definitely" Eren and Armin said in unison. I smiled at them and made my way back to my little cottage to make dinner for my loving husband who was busy working on something for Erwin.

A few hours later after dinner....

Levi's POV

After dinner, (Y/n) and I decided to watch the news as people have been raving about what has been happening lately. I looked over at my wife, her features looked concerned as the reporter on the TV announced that there had been a 40% increase on titans coming towards the wall, I took her hand in mine gently and stroked it. She looked at me, a slight frown on her face, "what's the matter dear" I asked her, she looked down at her stomach and sighed. "What type of world are we bringing these little ones into Levi" she said, tears beginning to form in her eyes, I sighed and pulled her closer to me, I embraced her tightly and rubbed her back. "A one where they will have one strong mother to protect them from those beasts and one stubborn grumpy father to remind them of the dangers outside the wall" she looked up at me and smiled, wiping a tear away from her face. "I love you Mr. Grumpy" I chucked slightly and smiled, "I love you too, beautiful" she smiled and kissed me on the lips passionately, she pulled away a while later and snuggled back down on my lap as we continued to watch TV.