29. hold me

Double update cause why not.

How y'all feeling about the last chapter?

"Oh, they want me in a casket. Can't kill me, I'm a bad bitch."

***

"Don't forget to move this finger to play the chord," I instructed my younger sister. 

Marianna nodded and strummed a C chord perfectly. I smiled proudly, clapping for her quick learning. Mari always told me she wanted to learn how to play the guitar, so instead of partying all spring break, I decided to use my free time to teach her. She's pretty much a natural. We've been practicing for almost two hours and I've already taught her how to play "Lazy Song" by Bruno Mars. 

"It's my turn to use the living room," Angel announced as he walked in with a video game in hand. 

"We're still practicing," I say, brushing him off. 

He shrugs. "Well, practice is over." he walks over to Marianna and snatches the guitar from her hands. 

"Give it back!" she shouts. 

"Go play somewhere else!" he shouts back. 

I tense at the sight of Angel waving my instrument around like it's so kind of toy. I quickly get up and try to take it from him but he pulls it away. 

"Give me my guitar," I say sternly. 

He looks me up and down. "No." 

I inhale, trying to keep my cool so I don't rip his head off. I'll never understand why little brothers have to be so annoying all the time. There isn't one day where I don't argue with him about something. 

"Quit being a brat and give me my guitar," I ordered. "It's not a toy."

"I'll give it to you if you let me have the living room." 

My eyes practically roll to the back of my head. "Go play your stupid games in your room. You have a TV in there, remember?" 

"Mom took it, remember?" he mocked. 

"Maybe you would still have a TV if you didn't torment Marianna every day." I sassed.

Angel shot me a glare before moving to hold my guitar above his head. My eyes go wide once I realize what he's about to do. "I'll throw it." he threatened.

"Are you crazy! Do you know how much that thing costs?" I yell, stepping towards him.

"Another step and I'll throw it!" he shouts.