chapter two ➸ an old friend

CHAPTER TWO

INGRID WATCHES AS BELLA CONVERSES WITH JACOB, IN HIS WOLF FORM, AND CAN'T HELP BUT THINK OF SOMEONE SHE ONCE PUT ALL OF HER TRUST IN

INGRID WATCHES AS BELLA CONVERSES WITH JACOB, IN HIS WOLF FORM, AND CAN'T HELP BUT THINK OF SOMEONE SHE ONCE PUT ALL OF HER TRUST IN. She sees as Edward walks up to them with a calm, but firm expression.

"We're done for the day." She hears him say. Jacob eyes both Edward and Bella then rejoins his pack as they retreat into the woods.

Ingrid goes to move towards Carlisle and pauses when she sees Paul leave with the rest of the pack. He looks back at her for a moment before disappearing into the forest. She shakes her head makes her way to Carlisle.

He faces her with a grateful look. "Ingrid... I didn't know if you would really come."

"Oh come on, Carlisle. Elijah may be the noble sibling, but he is not the only one that keeps his promises. When I told you all those years ago that if you ever needed a helping hand I would come, I meant it." Ingrid replies with a grin.

"How is Elijah? The last time he and I crossed paths was in the early 1700s when the both of you were in Europe with the rest of your siblings." Carlisle inquires.

"He's doing well. Lijah is in New Orleans with Nik, Bekah, and Freya, maintaining a life and keeping Nik out of trouble." Ingrid states, a grimace on her face as she thinks about how Niklaus always seems to cause some sort of commotion.

She notices that Carlisle's face contorts in confusion. "Freya is our long lost sister we believed to be dead up until a few years ago. Turns out that she was taken by our psychotic Aunt Dahlia. We learned that our mother made a deal with Dahlia that she would give her, her first born who just happened to be Freya. Esther ended up cursing all firstborns in the Mikaelson family, Dahlia came after Hope shortly after we had been reunited with Freya. The curse has been lifted, thank goodness for that. No more trouble for us Mikaelsons. At the moment anyway." She finishes.

Carlisle laughs, knowing that her family is always dealing with one thing or another. "At least all is well."

"I would love to catch up with you Carlisle, but-" Before Ingrid can finish speaking, Carlisle interrupts. "But you want to meet your mate while he is in human form." He says with a knowing tone.

"How did you...?" She wonders.

"Not many could see it, but your eyes turned golden. I can tell your wolf is itching to meet its other half. We can catch up later, I have a feeling you'll be staying here longer than you originally planned."

"Thank you, Carlisle!" Ingrid exclaims, hugging him.

"I'll see you later!" She speeds to where she parked her Black 1967 Chevy Impala, opens the door, starts the ignition, and makes her way to La Push.

Ingrid gently puts her foot on the brake, slowing to a stop, pulling into the driveway of the red house. She puts her car in park, walks up to the door, and knocks. She waits a moment until the door is opened greeting her with the sight of her old friend, Billy Black, in a wheelchair.

"Well, if I live and breath, Ingrid Mikaelson." He says with a wide smile. "I haven't seen you in sixteen years," Billy adds.

"It's nice to see you, Billy." She responds in a soft voice. He opens the door and backs up, nodding to her as if telling her it was okay to come in. He shuts the door and leads Ingrid to the couch.

"What brings you to La Push? Or is it Forks?" He pondered.

"I was in Paris when I received a call from a friend I met a long time ago, seeking my help in dealing with a newborn army of Cold Ones." Shock laced his features. "One of the Cullen's?"

"Carlisle to be exact. I was with the Cullen's in the clearing along with the Quileute Shifters. Explained who and what I am when I locked eyes with a silver wolf." Ingrid pauses. "I found my mate." She gushes.

Billy grins from ear to ear. "Who would have thought? A vampire, an Original at that, mated to one of our shifters." He chuckles at the irony.

"Technically, I'm not just an Original Vampire. Not anymore." She reveals.

He looks to her in awe. "You broke your curse... A hybrid."

"We broke it a couple of years ago. I didn't approve of the way it had to be broken, two people lost their lives." Ingrid's gaze casts down, staring at her hands, remembering Jenna Sommers and the werewolf, Jules, that were sacrificed. She could only find comfort in the fact that Elena Gilbert survived — even if it was the doppelbitch who killed her younger brother... and tried to murder her family repeatedly... on second thought, she might have to pay a visit to Mystic Falls to slaughter the whiney girl.

Billy takes one of her hands into his own and lifts her chin up seeing unshed tears in her eyes, her lip quivering. He pulls her so that her head is resting on his shoulder and lets her cry. "Do you remember the last thing you said to me sixteen years ago?" He doesn't wait for her to respond. "You told me to shut my bloody mouth or you would shove my head up my ass." He chortles. Ingrid doubles over in laughter and looks up at him.

"I did not!" She manages to retort while catching her breath.

"Oh yes, you did. You told me to quit my whining, that I was already doing well with Rebecca and Rachel and that I would do the same with Jacob." He smiles.

"That's because I knew you would, and you did." She breathes out.

"I knew I could cheer you up!" Billy says cheerfully with a triumphant grin. "Now, about your mate..."

"I learned that his name is Paul."

"Yes, Paul Lahote. He's a bit of a hothead." Billy warns.

"I am a vampire, a werewolf, over a thousand years old, and my family is completely insane." Ingrid deadpans, looking at Billy, dumbfounded.

Billy seems taken aback by her blunt response and scratches the back of his neck in embarrassment. He clears his throat. "He's most likely at Sam Uley's with the rest of the pack. If not try his house." He grabs a piece of paper and writes down Sam's address as well as Paul's.

"Thank you, Billy. I'll see you soon."

Ingrid moves to get up and leaves the Black residence in her Impala, heading towards Sam Uley's home, and thinks about what her mate is like.