chapter thirteen ➸ content

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

IT'S BEEN ABOUT A HALF HOUR SINCE INGRID HAD SPOKEN TO FREYA ABOUT THE CURRENT SITUATION REGARDING EDWARD AND BELLA

IT'S BEEN ABOUT A HALF HOUR SINCE INGRID HAD SPOKEN TO FREYA ABOUT THE CURRENT SITUATION REGARDING EDWARD AND BELLA. She had told Ingrid that she should try compelling him out of whatever Bella had done to him.

"Are you sure this is safe?" Esme nervously questioned, "You yourself said it could just make matters worse."

Ingrid sighs, she herself thought it wasn't a good idea but it was their best shot. The worst-case scenario is they'd have to wait until Freya arrived which wouldn't be for at most two days. "Freya told me to at least attempt it, if it doesn't work out in our favor then we'll just have to hold out until she gets here." She informed them. "Now let's get this done before I change my mind, I myself am not very fond of this idea."

Ingrid turns to Edward who had been listening to their conversation, confusion apparent on his face. She steps towards him and looks him in the eyes.

"Remember." Just that single word was enough to have him on the floor on his knees, crumpled over in pain.

Carlisle hurried over to his adopted son. "Is this supposed to happen?" He asks in a panicked tone as Edward's hands grip his head.

Before Ingrid can even respond, Edward suddenly collapses.

"What happened?" Carlisle inquires while examining him.

She looks from the unconscious vampire to her friend. "Whatever that girl did to him is now undone. Sometimes when memories return, it's so painful that one loses consciousness."

"And he'll be okay?" Emmett wonders, worried for his brother.

"He'll be fine once he wakes up." Ingrid sighs, "Well, that is enough drama for one night. We'll be heading off." She says, referring to herself and Paul. She waves goodbye to them before motioning her head towards the door, walking away with Paul right behind her.

Ingrid walks out of the bathroom, hair tie in hand, as she gathers her semi-long blonde locks into a bun that rests on the back of her head.

She looks to the bed that she shares with Paul, to see him facing away from her, keenly staring at something that lies in his palms. She crawled onto the bed and peered over his shoulder only for her gaze to meet that of an image from the ultrasound Carlisle had taken.

The photo of their children.

Ingrid kisses his shoulder blade, gaining his attention. He looks back at her and motions for her to lay down before doing the same thing himself. Her head on his chest, he presses a kiss to her hair and they both look at the picture together.

"I still can't believe we're having twins..." She can hear the smile in his voice.

"It was a possibility. They say that the chances of having twins are greater if you're a twin yourself." Paul sets the photo down on the nightstand on his side and wraps his arms around Ingrid. "I love you..." She mumbles sleepily before falling asleep.

He turns off the lamp near him.

"I love you too." Paul whispers into her ear softly they drift off into a peaceful slumber.