chapter twenty ➸ marry me

CHAPTER TWENTY

CERULEAN ORBS SLOWLY OPENED, ADJUSTING TO THE SUNLIGHT THAT PEEKED THROUGH THE BEDROOM WINDOWS

CERULEAN ORBS SLOWLY OPENED, ADJUSTING TO THE SUNLIGHT THAT PEEKED THROUGH THE BEDROOM WINDOWS. The owner of said eyes groaned in annoyance of having woken up when she was still tired. She blamed it on her pregnancy but then again she had never been a morning person, therefore she had no plausible excuse.

She attempted to turn over but was unable due to the arms that were wrapped around her figure. Her eyes trailed up from the russet-colored arms to a toned chest that she discovered she had been using as a pillow, she nearly sighed in content from the warmth that radiated off of the person. Resuming her previous actions, she continued to look upwards only to be met with the face of the man she loved.

"It's rude to stare." He opened an eye and smirked when she squealed. "Don't do that!" She yelled at him, playfully slapping his chest and trying to nudge him off of her. "I hate to admit it but it would appear our roles have been switched. Last time it was you that needed to be chided."

He chuckles and shifts his position making it more comfortable for the both of them as she snuggles into his arms.

"Ingrid..."

"Hm?"

Ingrid waits for what he was going to say but is left confused. She lifts her head up but finds him gazing at her with nothing but love shown in his eyes.

"Marry me."

"Wait- what?"

"YOU DID WHAT?!"

Klaus rolls his eyes at how everyone seemed to be in sync, even moreso when he saw Bonnie murmuring to herself that she should've expected something like this from him. His eyes land on Leah who was looking at him in both disbelief and amusement.

Sure, he burnt down Volterra but then again it solved a lot of problems. She was only glad that he returned to her unscathed.

Leah had already knew what she was getting into by being in a relationship with him. Like Ingrid did for Paul, Klaus had been completely open with her about his colorful past. She knew people thought of him as the devil incarnate or the evil hybrid but when she looked into his eyes all she could make out was loneliness and hope that she would look past the bad.

Leah made her way over to him with an unreadable expression and stopped in front of him. Klaus was prepared for her to tell him he was a monster and leave him. That's what had always happened. But what she did next, caught him off guard.

She reached her hands up and hastily brought him into a passion filled kiss. His eyes widened but he immediately responded by wrapping his arms around her waist and pressing her against him, tightly embracing her.

Everyone's jaws dropped in surprise.

The only thing that went through all of the Mikaelson's heads and everyone else who really knew Klaus was 'they were made for each other' and they each shared a wry smile.

For the past hour, Ingrid and Paul had been arguing about his sudden proposal.

"We haven't even been together for long!" Ingrid shouted at him. "You're pregnant with our kids!" He countered.

Paul had been hurt when she rejected the idea. He knew that she loved him but it didn't make her saying no hurt any less. After spending so much time apart from her, he didn't want to have a life where she wasn't fully his. He wanted her to be his wife just as much as he couldn't wait to meet their children.

Ingrid knew that when it came down to it all, she would end up with Paul. His proposal came as a shock to her and as much as she wanted to say yes, their relationship had to be somewhat normal and it just wasn't logical. Yes, they had been together three weeks and she ended up pregnant but accidents happen and she didn't regret it for a second. The more she tried to come up with reasons not to get married, the more she seemed to be stumped other than the fact that they've only known about one another for almost two months. There were more pros than there were cons.

"It's moving too fast, we're moving too fast." She whispered, her voice fragile. Paul inhaled deeply and walked over to the blonde, kissing her forehead and pulling her into his chest. "I'm not saying we have to get married today or tomorrow, but just let me put the damn ring on your finger."

Ingrid giggled at his attempt at an apology but she knew he was right and she wanted to fully be with him just as he did her.

"Alright."