chapter six ➸ the impossible

CHAPTER SIX

IT HAD BEEN THREE WEEKS SINCE INGRID HAD COME TO FORKS TO HELP WITH THE NEWBORN ARMY

IT HAD BEEN THREE WEEKS SINCE INGRID HAD COME TO FORKS TO HELP WITH THE NEWBORN ARMY. Three weeks since she had met Paul Lahote and befriended the pack. She hadn't been there long and already everyone in the pack had been welcoming of her despite her being half vampire, an original at that. It had helped that she was half wolf as well.

Not long after Ingrid arrived, Leah interacted with Emily in a friendly manner and the three became the best of friends. She had forgiven both Emily and Sam a few days after her talk with Ingrid.

It was a regular occurrence when the pack would go to the cabin, which is now not only Ingrid's but Paul's as well. He had moved in with her two weeks after they first met.

The battle with the newborns is tomorrow and the pack is eating breakfast when the shrill ring of Ingrid's cell phone is heard. She gets up from her spot next to Paul and walks over to the counter. Unplugging her phone from the charger, she sits down, looks at the caller ID, and holds it up to her ear.

"Hello, Carlisle."

"Ingrid, I have a request."

She furrows her brows. "And what, may I ask is this request?"

"Could you go to the clearing in the woods and meet with Edward, Bella, and Jasper? I still have to make a call to Jacob." His voice seems hesitant.

"Only if you tell me the reason why."

"I almost forgot how stubborn you could be..." he breathes out, although it is unnecessary, "Edward and Jasper have come up with a plan that will only work if Jacob agrees. They plan to have his wolf odor mask Bella's scent so the newborns won't be able to smell her."

She hums. "It sounds brilliant, but why is my presence needed? Only Cold Ones are affected by it, they smell normal to me." Ingrid's words are laced with confusion.

"Bella has asked Edward to stay out of the fight. He and Bella are going-" Carlisle gets cut off by Ingrid.

"Excuse me?" Her voice that although sounds calm, has an underlying tone of frustration.