chapter twelve ➸ the truth comes out

CHAPTER TWELVE

CARLISLE HAD COME BACK INTO THE ROOM TWENTY MINUTES LATER

CARLISLE HAD COME BACK INTO THE ROOM TWENTY MINUTES LATER. He made sure to print out a few pictures of the ultrasound and also put the video of it on a disk.

They were on their way to the car when Edward walked up to Ingrid and requested to talk to her. Paul looked at her, silently asking if she wanted him to be present, but she shook her head and pecked him on the lips before following the bronze haired vampire.

The Mikaelson and Cullen were by the trees, Edward turns to her. "I'm sorry."

Ingrid raises an eyebrow, "About..."

"I'm sorry about what I said after the fight with the newborns. It was out of line. I would also like to apologize for Bella's behavior towards your sister." He sighs. "She had no right to act that way, she hasn't exactly been herself..." Edward's eyes turn distant and glaze over, his face contorting in a trance-like state.

Ingrid looks to him and waves a hand in front of his face but he remains unmoving. "Edward? Hello?" Confused, she slaps him over the head, attempting to snap him out of it.

"Sorry..."

"What was that?"

"What was what?"

Her forehead wrinkles and she purses her lips, perplexed. Ingrid's puzzled expression turns into one of realization. "Edward, what were we just talking about?" The question rushes out of her mouth hurriedly.

His eyes narrow.

"We weren't talking about anything."

She grabs Edward's head and pulls it down to her level.

"Who is Isabella Swan to you?" Her pupils dilating as she compels him.

"She's the bane of my existence."

A slight frown appears on her face. "Is Isabella Swan your mate?"

"No, she's my blood singer."

"Are you in love with Isabella Swan?"

"No."

"Do you harbor any feelings of love whatsoever for Isabella Swan?"

"No."

Ingrid releases her hold on his head as her nostrils flare. "Now how the bloody hell did a human learn how to deceive you?" She shakes her head and drags Edward back to the Cullen House.

Paul is leaning against the Impala as he sees his hybrid girlfriend quickly heading back towards the house, Edward in tow. He cocks his head at squints at them seeing the urgency laced in Ingrid's features. He moves from his spot and makes his way to her side.

"What the hell is going on?"

"Isabella Swan is what's going on. The bloody human is a pest who will stop at nothing to get what she desires."

He furrows his brows, but doesn't comment hearing the irritation and rage in her voice.

They make haste and enter the home once again, the Cullen's standing up and looking at the three, wondering what happened.

Ingrid throws Edward onto the couch. "Everyone, it would appear that the human you have been caring for has swindled you." Her expression serious and deadly.

Carlisle glances at her, "Ingrid, I know you and Bella do not get along, but-"

"She has somehow hypnotized Edward. As I was speaking with him just now, he was apologizing for both his and her actions towards Rebekah and me. Something didn't add up and so I compelled him. He does not care for the girl, she has done something to him." She explains, leading the family to gasp.

"She's been lying to us..." Alice says, her face writhing in betrayal. Jasper pulls her into his chest, trying to provide comfort.

"I knew we shouldn't have let her into our lives." Rosalie hisses, her voice seething with venom.

The rest of the Cullen's facial expressions are filled with pain and sadness, disappointed in themselves for welcoming Bella into their family.

"Is there any way you can undo what she did? Compel him?" Carlisle questions.

Ingrid's arms wrap around herself. "I'm not entirely sure. I don't know exactly what she did or how she did it. Who knows, if I compel him it could make matters worse." Paul puts an arm around her waist.

"Then what do we do?" Esme's voice filled with despair.

Ingrid pulls out her phone and taps on one of her contacts. Ringing echoes through her ears until the sound of someone picking up is heard.

"Hello?"

"Freya, I need your help."