TEN ૐ THE DAY THEY MEET AGAIN

MONTGOMERY RECEIVES A TEXT from his brother that demands him to drive at Crestmont to check out the options for Dawson and his date to pick out and decide which movie they were planning to watch tonight. Of course, he wouldn't have done it for Dawson if it weren't for the money offered to him which costed 80 bucks.

The troublesome boy releases a long sigh as he puts on his shoes, lazily tying the laces before taking his car keys and stepping out of the house, driving off with his tires screeching at the pavement. He puts on his sunglasses and blasted a 21 Savage track to drone out the million thoughts fucking his mind up. Ever since the conclusion he and Bryce had after watching that snap video of Olivia with the baby, he hasn't been getting peace of mind — which he never does. As much as Bryce tried telling him not to worry about it and reassuring him that the baby could just be a newborn brother or a baby cousin, Montgomery refused to accept it. Something doesn't feel right and him, being Montgomery de la Cruz, disliked the fact of being kept in the dark.

Meanwhile, a few meters away from Crestmont stood Olivia Connelly with a scrunched up face in exhaustion as she neared her car parked right infront of the movie theater. It hadn't been easy for her to walk from the Baker Drugstore carrying heavy paperbags with one hand and pushing Grayson's stroller with the other. She looks up at the all-too familiar place, the newly painted malls giving the theater a good, welcoming vibe. It's been too long since she entered it that she felt as if she had forgotten how it looked like on the inside.

After a few minutes of contemplating, she bites her lip and decided to put the groceries at the trunk and pushed Grayson's stroller inside the movie theater. There was not too much people inside; a middle aged couple, a girl waiting for her date, two guys picking out a movie, a couple with three kids and a lone woman at the front of the counter, ordering popcorn. Nostalgia hitting her like a whiplash and it was as if she was back to the good old days again. A thousand memories she had with this place, a thousand memories she remembers, a thousand memories she wished to go back to.

Neither Clay nor Hannah was the one tending at the counter, instead, an ordinary boring-looking guy stands behind it. She sighs and missed seeing both of them there, though the three of them weren't that close, they had lots of get together because of Jeff and shared memories during parties.

Grayson emits a small cry during his sleep and his hands involuntarily flailing, Olivia crouches down and checks to see if he was okay. She brushed the growing tuft of hair on his head and smiled fondly, placing a kiss on his forehead. "Come on, buddy, we're going home."

She pushes the stroller slowly to the double doors of the movie theater and just when they were a few feet away from the exit, it opens and reveals the guy that she's been trying not to come across to for the past week. Olivia didn't see him straightaway — keeping her eyes focused on the toddler sleeping at the stroller — but he did. He stops walking abruptly, both eyes widened with shock. Olivia looks up and she almost stumbled forward, almost losing her balance. Montgomery saw a million emotions flashing at her green eyes and he almost felt emotional, seeing her again, breathing the same air as her, having her at arm's length. He doesn't do emotional, and yet here he was, fighting back the tears in his eyes.

Olivia frantically pushes the stroller out of Crestmont, walking past Montgomery. He cussed and follows her, standing infront of her. "Olivia, please. Just stop for a moment, talk to me please." She doesn't listen. She tries to walk past Montgomery but he blocks her path, "No, wait, wait, wait! Please, Olivia just— stop! Olivia, fuck!"

Olivia runs his foot over with the stroller and he jolts in surprise. At this moment of his guard down, she takes advantage of it and walks away from his and towards her car, her adrenaline fueling her with speed. But he caught up to them. He cames barelling infront of her to block her path again causing the stroller to bump forcefully to his thighs. The sudden movement pulled the sleeping boy out of his sleep, upsetting him severely. His face scrunched up then comes a loud cry, alarming Olivia's mother instincts. She withdraws her plan to wage a war against Montgomery and bends down with worry written all over her face, she picks him up from the stroller bed and cradled him to her chest, rocking him back and forth in an attempt to calm him down.