TWENTY THREE ૐ MONTGOMERY AND OLIVIA

WHEN GRAYSON'S PARTY CAME TO AN END, the guests slowly trickled out of the household of the de la Cruz's until it was only Olivia, Alex and Noah who were left by the front porch. Surprisingly enough, Emilia had worked her persuasiveness to Michael resulting to having his consent in letting Olivia and Grayson to spend the night over.

Noah handed the small bag with Olivia and Grayson's clothes inside. "Alright, here you go."

Olivia took the bag and raised her eyebrows in amusement at the two boys. "You two rode together in Alex's car?"

Noah started blushing like a tomato while Alex shuffled on the balls of his feet awkwardly. Alex sputtered, obviously flustered with Olivia's inquiry. "I—It's not like that. We're not— I mean, I'm not.. well, we're..—"

Olivia raised her hands in surrender, her grin spreading even more. "I only asked if you guys rode together, not a damn explanation about what's going on between you two. I mean, if there was, then I'm completely okay with it."

Alex rolled his smile, the corners of his lips curving into a suppressed smile and he cleared his throat, nodding his head where his car was parked. "I'll start the car." He placed a peck on Olivia's cheek. "Grayson's party was great. Tell Monty i'm impressed. Have fun spending the night over!" He added, sarcasm etched on the last sentence.

When Alex was out of earshot, Olivia nudged Noah on the ribs while wiggling her eyebrows suggestively. Noah feigns confusion, "What?"

"I see you and Alex are getting it on, huh?" Olivia probed, smirking.

"I don't like him!" Noah denies quickly, his normal deep and full voice produced by puberty changing into a shriek.

"You can deny all you want but I'm your sister, Noah, I know you like the back of my hand. I know about the feelings you've been harboring for Alex for years now." Olivia admits, making his eyes widen in panic. "Don't worry, I won't tell him. But you need to make a move, for all I know, I think he kind of likes you too."

"Nah, he doesn't play for my team." Noah shrugged.

"I know Alex more than you, duh. Of course I sense something a little out of place when it comes to him and I know, for sure, he reciprocates your feelings too. He's just a little confused about it." Alex grumpily rings the car horn to get their attention and he yelled for Noah, telling him that it was time to go. Olivia sent Noah a knowing smile. "Go get him, tiger."

Noah chuckled, shaking his head at his sister's insistent nagging. "Whatever. Have fun with Gray and your boyfriend, by the way. I can feel something good will come out of it, you know, talk some shit out."

Olivia watched Alex's car leave before she went inside and found Monty waiting for her patiently by the living room. He felt a shoot of happiness when she sat beside him and he offered her a bottle of Heineken, biting down on his lips to hold back a smile when their fingers touched for a millisecond when she took it from his hand. She lets out a sigh of relief and leaned back, not seeming to mind that his arm was slung by the cushion by her back. She asks, "Where's Grayson?"

"She's with Mom and Dad upstairs." Montgomery answered, examining her closely. He continues, "You okay? You seem worn out."

"Yeah, today was sort of tiring with the party and all that but I'm good now. Seeing Gray so happy and meeting different kinds of people was enough to erase my exhaustion." Olivia looked up at him with delight and gratefulness. "Thank you for making that happen, by the way. Even my parents were impressed with how you good you pulled it off."