TWENTY ONE ૐTHE FIRST LOVE AND HIS RIVALRY

IN AN EARLY FRIDAY MORNING, JUSTIN ARRIVED AT THE HOUSE OF THE CONNELLY'S and as soon as Grayson saw the young man emerged from the kitchen doorway, he emits a strangled cry and reached out for him.

Grayson didn't look too well. The boy was perched on his mother's lap, moving his mouth out of the way just as Olivia's tries to get him to eat. The toddler had woken up more agitated and sensitive than usual, suffering with a mild dry cough that he must've got from the cold and misty breeze from last night.

"Daddy.." Grayson cried out, letting out a series of coughs while he squirmed at Olivia's hold, trying to get to where Justin stood.

Justin frowned at the toddler and shot Olivia a worried look. He immediately scooped him up and the boy lets out a small whimper, burying his face on the crook of his neck. "What happened? He doesn't look too good. Is he okay?"

"He's sick. He's down with a dry cough but we already gave him medicine last night so he'll feel better soon." Olivia sighed, standing up and massaging her little boy's back as he coughed.

"My poor boy.." Justin cooed, rocking him back and forth and Grayson releases a muffled cry, tightening his hold. "Daddy's here now, you feel a little better now?"

Grayson nodded from his neck and Olivia smiled softly, ruffling the boy's hair and placing a kiss on top of his head. The girl looked so glad and relieved to see Justin and he fought back a smile, missing that look she always had on her face whenever she sees him.

"How 'bout you, are you okay?" He asked, bring his hand up to cup her face and she subconsciously nuzzled against it with a smile. "Wanna go somewhere with Gray? I could drive us three to Chili's and eat your favorite."

At the mention of the local restaurant, her eyes lit up like a Christmas tree and she nodded eagerly. Justin chuckled, nodding his head back. "Then what are you waiting for? Let's go."

He really knew how to make her feel better.

Olivia ran past him and padded loudly up the steps, rushing to her room to change her clothes and gather the few things she needed for herself and for Grayson, whereas, Justin sat down on the couch and hummed a lullaby to Grayson who was close to dozing off his shoulder.

The doorbell rang at the same moment Noah was walking down the stairs and he gives Justin a pat on the back before answering the door. His eyes widened in alarm the moment he saw who was ringing the door and what made it even worse was the blond stood beside the person.

Montgomery.

And Alex. Fucking Alex Standall. The Alex Standall.

Noah heaved a few deep breaths and hoped his face didn't look as red as a tomato. He was not prepared for Alex to come over and he loathed him for not giving a short notice about his arrival because Noah had just woken up and he was sure that his hair was sticking out to different places. What a sight to be seen by the boy he was crushing on for nearly as long as he could remember.

But aside from his mini crisis, he has Montgomery to be worried about and made the situation a lot worse. He knew about Montgomery and Justin have a silent treatment and bad blood regarding Olivia and if Montgomery found out that he was here, Noah wasn't prepared to handle a brawl between the two.

"Noah, who was it?" Justin called out from the living room and the Connelly boy shuts his eyes, knowing that he wasn't the only one who've heard and recognized the voice.

Montgomery's eyes snapped sharply behind him and his jaw clenched involuntarily. "Is that Justin?"

"Y--yeah." Noah answered timidly, stepping aside in defeat and the de la Cruz boy hurriedly stepped in, entering the living room and was welcomed with the sight of Justin and Grayson sleeping soundly on his shoulder.