TWENTY ૐBABYSITTING: PART TWO

WHEN IT WAS FINALLY TIME FOR GRAYSON'S BEDTIME, the boys found it hard to put him down to sleep on his newly-bought crib purchased by Monty so that Grayson would have somewhere to sleep if he ever sleeps over again in his house for future references. After the kid finished off the small tub of ice cream the boys gave him for lunch, the boys spent the remaining hours after trying to settle down the frenzied toddler. Grayson spent the whole afternoon jumping around, running away and almost falling face flat on the wooden floors as one of the boys chased him down from room to room, screeching on top of his lungs and letting out a loud piercing cry when one picks him up and tries to get him to sleep.

By the time the clock struck 9 o'clock -- two hours behind schedule of Grayson's designated time for bed -- the boys were one-by-one collapsing at the cushions by the playroom at the third floor and watched the still-awake and still-energetic boy in front of them, staring back at them with one hand on inside his mouth as he nibbled on it absentmindedly.

"What are we supposed to do? He's supposed to be sleeping by now," Jeff grounds out in frustration, raising his arms up in defeat and letting it drop on his lap with a smack. Scott sighed beside him and shuts his eyes in exhaustion, "I guess we overfed him with sugar, which we shouldn't have because it resulted into him being so hyperactive."

Montgomery eyes his phone with his insanity going down the drain, a hand pulling the ends of his hair from its roots as he waited for the horrific phone call from Olivia. Even Bryce looked alarmed and jittery. He had experienced and witnessed more than once of Olivia's wrath and things did not go well. He ended up with a qual egg-sized swell on top of his head from where she had bludgeoned him with an Iphone.

"We should've just called Cali or Hannah, or even Jessica for help." Zach whined, pinching the bridge of his nose as an incoming headache resurfaces on the base of his head. "They're women, surely they'll know what to do with baby Grayson over here. They have mommy instincts!"

"No, we can't do that!" Montgomery groaned, letting his head fall back on the cushion. "They'll report back to Olivia about what's been happening and I don't wanna make her worried, or worse, angry. She gets scary when she gets angry, especially at me. She'll think that I can't handle our kid."

Jeff groaned and finally stood up again, crouching down in front of Grayson with a bright grin. Grayson seemed to form a liking towards the young man and he lets out a happy shriek, reaching his hands out at him. Jeff picks him up from the carpeted floor and started rocking him back and forth when all of a sudden, a pungent smell erupts and their faces scrunched up simultaneously.

"Jesus fucking Christ, what the hell is that smell?" Tony wheezed, covering his nostrils with the hem of his shirt.

Alex gagged and glared at Montgomery, "Have you checked his diaper yet? I think he just pooped."

Montgomery's face contorted with horror and at the same realization, all the boys mirrored his expressions and stared in a stunned silence for a few minutes before Bryce elbowed Montgomery sharply, "You're his dad, you do it."

"I--I don't.. I d-don't know how to.." He stammered in dread, his eyes wide as he examined the baby on Jeff's arms.

Clay, being the smart ass he is, rolled his eyes and pulled out his phone. "That could be arranged. Haven't you heard of wikihow? Come on, Monty, it's the 21st century."

The boys sprang up in action at the same time Montgomery's phone started ringing, Olivia's caller ID flashing on the screen. Jeff -- being the good cop as always and one that Olivia never had any anger directed at -- decided to answer the call outside the room while the boys scrambled everywhere with Clay barking out the step-by-step instructions he got from Wikihow.