TWENTY TWO ૐGRAYSON'S PARTY

SATURDAY ROLLED IN FAST AND IT WAS FINALLY GRAYSON'S BIRTHDAY PARTY. Montgomery planned for it to be a 'Toy Story' themed party because Grayson loved that movie. Olivia, along with her family, arrived half an hour before the party started and as soon as the birthday party began, the house of the de la Cruz's were packed with the invited guests.

Grayson bounce up and down happily from Montgomery's arm that supported his bottom and held loosely on his father's arm that was draped across his chest. Mongomery held the toddler in what was called as 'Hello World' baby hold as the newcomer of guests cooed at the little boy in awe.

Among the people bent over with wonder and spoke in fascination about how Grayson was a spitting image of Montgomery, a woman pushed aside gently on the small crowd and sent the de la Cruz boy a smile.

Montgomery met her familiar set of eyes and gasped, a grin taking over his face. "Mom! It's so nice to see you. I'm glad you could make it."

"Of course! I wouldn't miss my grandson's first birthday party. Plus, my baby Mon-mon's going off to college in a month. I gotta see you more before you leave." Emilia de la Cruz places a kiss on her son's cheek before taking a sharp intake of breath when her eyes laid upon the toddler on his arms. "Oh my goodness! He's beautiful. He looks just like you."

Montgomery chuckled, looking over his shoulder to gaze at Olivia talking to a few of their old friends from a distance. "No, Mom, he looks just like Liv. He got her beautiful smile."

Emilia smiled fondly, grazing her fingers on the baby boy's cheek before letting out a cry of joy. "Alright, i'm starting to feel emotional about this. Seeing him brings back all the memories from when I took care of you when you were still a kid. Now here we are, with a kid of your own."

He kissed the top of his son's head with a proud smile, Grayson emits a giggle and curiously looked back at Emilia, tilting his head inquisitively. "Grayson? Meet your grandma."

"Gram--... Gramma." Grayson uttered, his eyes twinkling in excitement. The boy stretched his hands out to Emilia and she carefully scooped him from her son's arms, awestuck immediately when the toddler hugged her with his small arms. "Gramma.."

Emilia looked up at her son but was welcomed with the back of his head, his attention focused at a certain girl surrounded by a swarm of her friends. She followed his line of sight and a sly smile spreads across her lips when she caught a glimpse of who he was watching. "She looks even more beautiful since the last time I saw her two years ago. Still a mystery to me as to why you had to do something stupid and lose her."

"Mom, i told you.." The de la Cruz boy warned with a sigh, diverting his gaze momentarily from his ex girlfriend. "I never wanted to lose her.. I should've listened to her but instead, I.. only made it even worse for the both of us. If I could go back to that day, I wouldn't have walked out on her, I wouldn't have went with Tina." He smiled bitterly, gulping as the guilt eats him whole again. "And now I can't get her back. It doesn't look like I'd win anyway. Justin.. he's.. he's planning to get her back too. Maybe he was right, Mom. Maybe I absolutely have no chance of winning this one."

Emilia placed a hand on his shoulder, rubbing it reassuringly. "Oh honey, it's ironic how you, Montgomery de la Cruz, wins every fight he wages against other guys your age but when it comes to fighting for love, fighting for your love, you're easily discouraged."

Montgomery listened intently to his mother. He had missed his Mother so much although he mostly got lectures from her, she was still his mother and Mothers knows best.

Emilia continued. "Fight harder, son. There is absolutely nothing that could excuse your act of cheating with Olivia but people makes mistakes. Let Olivia see your effort and in time, she'll see that you deserve her forgiveness. Everything heals on its own time. She'll come around."