TWENTY EIGHT ૐ MORNING ESCAPES AND A CONFUSED MIND

MONTGOMERY WOKE UP in the butt crack of dawn, long before any of them could wake up and start with their day. He had a little trouble sleeping laying there in the familiar bed of the guest room and the fact that Olivia's room was just opposite the room he was in didn't really give much help with his situation.

He got up from the bed and made it, fumbling with the comforters to get it to look like how the state it was in before he laid in it last night. He splashed cold water in his face and stared at his reflection in the mirror, gargling with the Listerine mouthwash on the sink before putting on his sweatshirt and entering Grayson's nursery room. The boy was still sound asleep, his weakly-balled up fist on either side of his aggravated frown face, his lips moving as if how he would suck on a the rim of a milk bottle.

Montgomery smiled down on the kid, bending down to run his hand lightly on his hair. It's comical to think that someone so troubled and screwed up like Montgomery could make someone so innocent and beautiful. His blood runs down the little boy's veins, his features much more identical than Olivia's other than his smile. He bends down and placed a soft kiss on his forehead, the boy squirming under his touch and letting out a small whimper in his sleep.

 He bends down and placed a soft kiss on his forehead, the boy squirming under his touch and letting out a small whimper in his sleep

He moves on to Olivia's room next, having a full ten-minute contemplation before he could quietly swing the door open. He reluctantly peeks inside, checking if the coast was clear before entering all the way in the room. His eyes skirts around the bedroom unconsciously, noticing how it looked just the same since he last saw it. Olivia was asleep deeply under the soft purple comforter, buried with pillows and wild and untamed sweep of hair. She looked beautiful in her sleep and Montgomery had to take a second to admire the way she looked in her state of unawareness. He never knew how one person could look so beautiful like her. He steps closer to her bed, careful not to tip something over or trip unto something that could wake her up. He bends over and placed a delicate kiss on her temple, his nostrils welcomed with her scent.

He left the room before he could do anything more than just a kiss on her forehead, finding it hard to fight the urge of scooping her up from the bed and trapping her in his arms to hold her. He puts on his shoes and trudged down the stairs in tip toes, heading for the front door. And yet, when he stepped outside and on the porch, he had to bite down a startled scream when he realized he wasn't the only one awake yet.

Two boys sat on the porch chairs with theirs heads closing in on each other and minimizing the gap between them. Alex and Noah jumped up in shock upon Montgomery's unexpected appearance and broke free from each other like one was struck in a contagious disease. Noah shot up from his seat as a reflex and mouth opening and closing, his mind trying to concoct a good enough reason as to why they were at the front porch, alone, in a time where the whole neighborhood was still asleep, with no sign of Olivia that was the sole purpose of them being connected somehow with each other.

"I—I.. We— were just—" Noah stuttered, his voice turning up several of decibel than his usual voice.

"We were just hanging out." Alex smoothly lied, leaning back nonchalantly as if his heart didn't' almost jump out of his chest just a moment ago. "What were you doing here anyway?"