chapter one: Strucker

Then there was light; I took a deep breath as I opened my eyes. It wasn't dark anymore, but each time I woke up they had something planned for me. The first time I woke up, they wanted me to help build what they called a giant computer.

They never told me what it was used for, as soon as I finished, I was back under. They woke me up again and beat me to a pulp because Bucky was not cooperating. I never know why they wake me up, I never know when they wake me up, all I know is that this is the last time.

It doesn't matter what they do. I'm not going back in the pod again, I can't.

"Miss Stark," a man said as he walked into the room. "My name Baron Wolfgang von Strucker, and HYDRA has a job for you."

"Go to Hell," I said angrily.

"I can't do that," the Strucker said as he stood in front of me.

"That's unfortunate," I replied.

That seemed to be the 'straw that broke the camels back' as he grabbed my shirt and dragged me up to look at him. "What is unfortunate Miss Stark, is the state your daughter will be in very soon if you do not cooperate."

I glared at him, "there is no chance you can get to her."

"Do you want to take that chance?" Strucker asked.

"What do you want?" I asked as I glared at him.

Strucker smiled smugly at me as he shoved me back onto my bed, "good choice."

~*~

"What's going on?" I asked Strucker as he came in absolutely fuming and panicking at the same time.

"Who gave the order to attack?" Strucker shouted, completely ignoring me.

"Herr Strucker, it's the Avengers. They landed in the far woods, the perimeter guard panicked," a soldier replied.

"Who are the Avengers?" I asked confused.

"They have to be after the scepter," Strucker said. I looked back at the room they frequently lock me in at the scepter and numerous other mysterious objects they want to use. "Can we hold them?" Strucker asked the soldier.

"They are the Avengers!"

"That is apparently answer enough," I muttered.

"Deploy the rest of the tanks," Strucker barked.

"Yes, sir."

"Concentrate fire on the weak ones. A hit can make them close ranks. Everything we've accomplished. But we're on the verge of our greatest breakthrough," Strucker said.

"Then let's show them what we've accomplished. Send out the twins," Dr. Lizst said.

"It's too soon," Strucker said.

"They're kids!" I said angrily and Strucker grabbed my arm harshly to silence me. "They're not your super-soldiers!"

"It's what they signed up for," Dr. Lizst said.

"My men can hold them," Strucker said.

"Hate to break it to you, but HYDRA isn't what it used to be," I said.

"What is she doing out of the room?" Strucker asked as he grabbed my arm.

"Hey!" I said angrily as he threw me into the room.

"Get to work!" Strucker yelled before closing it.

"Damn it!" I said angrily as I banged my fists against it. I looked around the room, there was a giant monster hanging from the ceiling, various alien-looking weapons. It was the weird scepter thing that they had me work on the most, it has an energy source that is eerily similar to the weapon Schmidt used.