chapter eight: Seal

"Anything on Nat?" Bruce asked as I tried to crack open the cradle.

"Haven't heard. But she's alive, or Ultron'd be rubbing our faces in it," Tony said. 

"This is sealed tight," Clint said. 

"We're going to need to access the program, break it down from within," Bruce said looking at me. "You think you can help us with it?"

"It's like any code," I said with a shrug and then held up a wrench. "Plus, I can break something when we're done." 

"Hm," Tony said thoughtfully before turning to Clint. "Any chance Natasha might leave you a message, outside the internet, old-school spy stuff?"

"There's some nets I can cast. Yeah, alright. I'll find her," Clint said walking out.

"I can work on tissue degeneration, if you can fry whatever operational system Cho implanted," Bruce said. "Helena, you can deconstruct the working system."

"Yeah, about that," Tony said hesitantly. 

"No," I said. 

"You both have to trust me," Tony said. 

"Kinda don't," Bruce said. 

"Our ally? The guy protecting the military's nuclear codes? I found him," Tony said and brought up a very familiar looking consciousness. 

"Hello, Dr. Banner," JARVIS greeted. "Miss Stark." 

"Ultron didn't go after JARVIS cause he was angry. He attacked him because he was scared of what he can do," Tony said. "So, JARVIS went underground. Okay? Scattered, dumped his memory. But not his protocols. He didn't even know he was in there, until I pieced him together."

"So, you want us to help you put JARVIS into this thing?" Bruce asked. 

"No, of course not! I want to help you put JARVIS in this thing," Tony said. "We're out of my field here. You know bio-organics better than anyone."

"And you just assume that JARVIS' operational matrix can beat Ultron's?" Bruce asked. 

"JARVIS has been beating him from inside without knowing it. This is the opportunity, we can create Ultron's perfect self, without the homicidal glitches he thinks are his winning personality. We have to," Tony said. 

"I believe it's worth a go," JARVIS said. 

"No, I'm in a loop!" Bruce shouted. "I'm caught in a time loop, this is exactly where it all went wrong."

"You sound very much like Howard before he blew up the lab," I told Tony. 

"I know, I know. I know what everyone's going to say, but they're already saying it," Tony said.

"I don't know about this," I muttered. 

"You can stay out of it," Tony said quickly. "You know the most about Vibranium, and in case Ultron saved some just in case-"

"You want something that can destroy it," I said simply. 

"We're mad scientists," Tony said gesturing to Bruce. "We're monsters, buddy. Now you, Aunt Helena, you are not a mad scientist. You make useful things that kick ass."

"Language," I reminded. 

"Cap really did learn it from you," Bruce said with surprise. 

"You gotta own it. Make a stand," Tony said. "Both of you!"

"It's not a loop. It's the end of the line," Bruce said.

I crossed my arms, "and I don't make weapons."