chapter nineteen: Sharon

James Barnes the suspect in the UN Vienna bombing escaped custody today. Also missing, Avenger Captain Steve Rogers, Sam Wilson, and heiress Helena Stark. It is believed that Helena Stark was kidnapped... 

"That should hold him," I said as I looked at the contraption.

"Should?" Sam asked, and then Bucky started waking up.

"We're about to find out," I said. 

"Hey, Cap!" Sam called before looking at me. "Is your hair naturally that... fluffy?" 

I glared at him and tried to smooth down my hair, "be quiet, Sam." 

"Steve," Bucky said when he saw Steve. 

"Which Bucky am I talking to?" Steve asked. 

"Your mom's name was Sarah," Bucky began, but that wasn't convincing enough. "You used to wear newspapers in your shoes. We met Helena in the future when we helped her find Rosemary, she was wearing a red bow in her hair."

"Can't read that in a museum," Steve said as he let Bucky go. 

"Just like that, we're supposed to be cool?" Sam questioned. 

"We don't really have time to talk it out," I shrugged.

"What did I do?" Bucky asked. 

"Enough," Steve said, and Bucky looked at me and groaned. I quickly covered up the bruises on my wrists from being dragged around. 

"Oh, God, I knew this would happen," Bucky said. "Everything HYDRA put inside me is still there. All he had to do was say the goddamn words."

"Who was he?" Steve asked. 

"The name he gave the UN was obviously fake," I shrugged. "No psych eval would be done like that by a professional. Even during World War II, it wasn't that horrible." 

"I don't know," Bucky said. 

"People are dead," Steve began. "The bombing, the setup the doctor did all that just to get ten minutes with you. I need you to do better than I don't know."

"He wanted to know about Siberia," Bucky said as he gave me a pointed look. "Where I was kept. He wanted to know exactly where."

"Of all the," I said as I started pacing. 

"Why would he need to know that?" Sam questioned. 

"Because I'm not the only Winter Soldier," Bucky said darkly.

"Who were they?" Steve asked. 

"They were most elite death squad," I said darkly. 

"More kills than anyone in HYDRA history," Bucky said. 

"And that was before the serum," I said looking away. 

"They all turn out like you?" Steve asked. 

"Worse," Bucky said. 

"The doctor, could he control them?" Steve asked. 

"Enough," Bucky said. "Usually complete control with Helena though, it worked on me, so they did it to them too."

"Said he wanted to see an empire fall," I said. "With these guys, he could do it."

"They speak thirty languages, can hide in plain sight," Bucky continued. "Infiltrate, assassinate, destabilize. They can take a whole country down in one night, you'd never see them coming."

"This would have been a lot easier a week ago," Sam said. 

"If we call Tony," I began weakly.