Chapter 4 - The reveal

Violet POV

I slowly pulled down my hood, revealing my red hair and purple eyes. I heard a bunch of gasps and then was bombarded with questions, "Is it natural?" "Did you color it?" "Are those contacts?" But the one that stood out the most was, "Your the girl from this morning!" I snapped my head up and looked at the person that asked that question, it was Ryder.

"What do you mean, 'the girl from this morning'?" I asked him. He....blushed? 'Omg! He just blushed!! So cuuuuuute!' "Um..I..uh..saw you this morning when that bird crapped on your face." He said. I turned so red, I could've put a tomato to shame. 'Omg! He saw me this morning! Ugh, you stupid girl! I'm so careless!' I scolded myself.

Ryder POV

'Oh no! I blushed! My reputation, is now gone. She will no longer see me as a man. Wait a minute, is she blushing too? She is! She's adorable when she blush's'. "W-Wait there's more." She says. "Well you can trust us, we won't tell anyone!" I reassured her. She nodded and said, "When I step out of the dark, please don't scream or bombard me with more questions, okay?" She asked us. I wonder why? "Promise!" Taryleen said.

Violet POV

'Im going to regret this aren't I? Oh boy!' I stepped out into the sunlight and my hair changed silver, as well as my eyes. Even more gasps were heard. Then Alex raised his hand, "Yes?" I asked him. "Why is your hair like that?" He answered. 'That's a good question. Even I don't know.' "I was naturally born with this hair. If I try to color it, it doesn't work, trust me, I've tried many times."

Ryder spoke up this time, "Why did you think we were going to scream?" 'Should I tell them? Oh well they already know about my hair, a backstory will help them understand more.' "When I was younger, I-I didn't wear hoodies and had my hair out for everybody to see. They didn't like me being different and called me names. My p-parents didn't want to be the laughing stock of the town so they gave me to an orphanage. I didn't like the orphanage so I ran away, got a job, moved, and here I am." I told them as a single tear left my eye.

"Oh Violet!" Taryleen said as she engulfed me into a hug. It eventually turned into a group hug and I was in the middle. 'This is nice, maybe this was a good idea.' I burst out crying and Ryder, Ryan, Alex, and Taryleen all looked at me. Simultaneously they said, "What's wrong!" I just laughed and said, "These are tears of joy!"

The bell rang, I dried my tears and we headed back to class.

*after school*

"VIOLET!" I turned around and saw Taryleen, "Yea?" I asked her. "Girl, what are you doing?!?" She practically screams at me. "W-what do you mean? I-I'm walking home." I tell her. "Ah-ah-ah! Your coming with me! We are having a sleepover~!" She sings. 'A sleepover? Is never been to a sleepover.' "Um, okay. Can we stop by my house first?" "Hmm, oh ya sure!" She seems excited.

Taryleen POV

'This is going to be SO much fun!! Should I tell Violet that I invited the boys over as well....na she probably doesn't mind.' I thought to myself as Violet gathered up her clothes. "Violet, I need to make a quick phone call! I'll be right back!" I yell up the stairs. "Okay!" She replies.

Call:

Taryleen: Hey Ryder, I invited Violet to the sleepover. Make sure you bring lots of snacks!

Ryder: Tch. Girls.

Taryleen: What was that?

Ryder: N-Nothing!

*call end*

'Boooo! He hung up! Oh well!' " Taryleen, I'm done!" Violet shouts down the stairs. "Alright! Let's get going!"

Ryder POV

I'm seriously fxcked. Taryleen must know that I like Violet. Violet is coming over to my house! Wait does she even know that she's coming here and not Taryleen's house? That brat probably didn't tell her! *sigh*

"Yo what's up with the sigh dude?" Alex asks me. "Hmm..oh it was just your annoying girlfriend." I told him, exhausted. "Hey she's not annoying!" He scolded me. "Well I can call her annoying since she's my cousin!" I smirked. "Damn, got me there." He whispered, mostly to himself.

Violet POV

After we left my house Taryleen brought me to a beautiful mansion. I looked at her questionably and she just giggled. *sigh* "You aren't telling me something. Judging by how many giggles you have been trying to suppress, it's something important isn't it?" I ask her.

She didn't answer any of my questions while we were walking. 'I've got a bad feeling about this.' I'm thrust out of my thoughts by Taryleen, knocking on the door. If this is her house, why is she knocking on the door?

The door is opened by a very shirtless, Ryder leaning against the doorway. *internal sequels*
"Ryder? What are you doing here?" I ask him, completely confused. He then turned to Taryleen.

Taryleen POV

'SHIIIIIIIIIZZZZZZZ!!!!'

Violet POV

Then it clicked. I slowly turned to Taryleen. "This was the important thing you weren't telling me wasn't it?" I asked her pointing to Ryder. She just nodded. I just shook my head and looked back at Ryder, he was smirking. Wonder why?

He just turned around and chuckled. Leaving me confused as ever and Taryleen rolling on the ground laughing. Ryder yelled from inside the house, "You can come inside you know, it's not like I'm gonna bite!" He said something else after, but I was too far away to hear.

I walked inside only to be greeted by the other two. 'Scratch that! I was half wrong half right! It's gonna so much fun pranking them!'

————————————————————————
Bet you didn't see that coming! Taryleen is Ryder's cousin! And the fact that Violet is such a prankster! I was having a lot of fun writing this! Cya next chapter! 😋 (1,020 words)