Chapter 8 - The buddy project

Ryder POV

The lunch bell rang signaling the end of lunch and the beginning of next period. Everybody gets up and walks to class. I'm with Violet, Taryleen and Alex, heading to Ap Social Studies. I think we are doing buddy projects, well that's what I heard.

When we sat down, Mr. Panik (pronounced like Panic) told us what we were doing, 'Guess we ARE doing a buddy project.' I think to myself. Mr. P, is currently reading off the partner list. "Amber and Brody," 'I feel like I'm coming up close on the list.' "Taryleen and Alex" I hear a faint "Yes" amongst the crowd of people. "Ryder," I am really hoping it's not one of Ambers biatch posse members. "And Violet" 'THANK YOU GOD!!!' I scream in my head. I look over at Violet to see she's already looking at me. I smile at her and she smiles back. 'Cute.'

Violet POV

"Ryder," Mr. Panik pauses for a bit. "And Violet" I smile because I'm paired up with someone I knew. I turn to look at Ryder. He must've felt my eyes and turned, he smiled at me and I smiled back.

Ryder motions for me to come over to where he was sitting. I sit down and we talk about what we should do for our project. We have to do a PowerPoint about the other person and present it to the class.

I take out a piece of folder paper and title it "Things about Ryder" and he titles his "Things about Violet". "Alright first question, What is your partner's full name?" I recite. Ryder speaks up first, "My full name is Ryder Nixon Black." I giggle and write it down. I calm my giggles and tell him my full name, "My full name is Violet Rain Winters." He writes it down and we work on the next questions. Most of them are about appearance.

"Next question, what are your partners family member's names?" "I'll start off." Violet says. "Father - Nick Winters: Missing, Mother - Claire Winters: Missing, Sister - Shayna Winters: Missing, Sister - Brianna Winters: Missing. That's all." I stare at her with wide eyes. I never knew her entire family was missing. She just shrugs. "Well...um...Father - James Black, Mother - Crystal Black, Sister - Angela Black, Cousin - Taryleen Williams, Cousin - Daisy Williams." I jot the names and relations down.

The bell rings and I head to my next class.

*timeskip: after school*

I start walking home since I have all my clothes from Ryder's house. I open the front door and head to my room. I put the information I got on Ryder in their individual slides and add more slides for the rest of the questions. I check the time to se it's 7:00 pm. "Guess I should start dinner." I sigh to myself. I sit up and stretch, hearing the satisfying crack of my back.

I sat alone at the dining table eating my dinner when I felt a buzz come from my phone.

Taryleen 🤪: Hey Violet, Ryder wanted to talk to you so I'm going to give you his number, kk?
Violet 😊: Ya ok.
Taryleen 🤪: (XXX) XXX-XXXX
Violet 😊: I'll text him when I'm done with my dinner.
Taryleen 🤪: Kk! Goodnight!
Violet 😊: Night.

*Sigh* "Better hurry up" I tell myself. I get up and put my dirty dishes int eh sink and wash them. Next I go upstairs and change out of my clothes. As I lay down I put in Ryder's number and his name to identify who the number belongs to.

Violet 😊: Ryder?
Ryder 😎: Hey Violet!
Violet 😊: What did you want to talk about?
Ryder 😎: I was using that as an excuse to give you my number to talk to you.
Ryder 😎: Oh and we need to find a time and place to meet up for the project.
Violet 😊: O-Oh, well....I'm busy until Friday, work, but I don't have work on the weekend.
Ryder 😎: Perfect! We can meet on Saturday at my house!
Violet 😊: Sounds good! I'm going to sleep, goodnight Ryder.
Ryder 😎: Goodnight, my flower!