Chapter 19 - Long Time No See

Violet POV

*beep* *beep* *be-*
I slam my hand down on my alarm. I get up and take a shower. Walking into my closet I grab my fluffy sweater, black jeans, and combat boots. Putting on undergarments I put the rest of my clothes on. "Blake! I'm gonna go to the mall! I'm taking my car!" I shout down the hall.  No reply. I shrug. Walking down the stairs I walk into the garage to see my beautiful car.

Jumping in, I plug my phone in and turn on the Bluetooth radio. (Favorite song) starts blasting out the radio. I back out and drive to the mall.

Upon my arrival I spot a few familiar faces. Can you guess? That's right, Taryleen, Alex, Ryan, and Ryder. 'Fudge! Why are they here at this exact moment?! Could my day get any worse!' All of a sudden Karma comes and kicks my a*s. Frickin Amber Cross pulls up next to me in her white convertible mustang. 'FML!!!'

I sigh and open the car door. Making sure I have my sunglasses on, I walk through the doors, passing Ryder's group. Immediately I head to the food court since I didn't eat anything yet. Looking around I find a pizza place. 'Perfect! Nothing is better than pizza!' I stand in line and get me some cheese pizza. I spot a seat right against the wall.

Munching on my pizza, checking Instagram I feel a tap on my shoulder. Turning around I come face to face with Taryleen. "Yes?" I say. "Violet, I know that's you. Get your butt over here and hang out with us since everyone has a day off of work today!" She cheers. I rub my temple and sigh. "Okay." She squeals and drags me over to their booth. She sits me down right next to Ryder.

Still eating I hear my name so I look up. "Yea?" "I was saying why don't we go to Ryder's house later and play some Truth or Dare." Alex exclaims. I sigh. "I was planning on heading home later anyway." Everyone's head, except Ryder's, snaps in my direction. "What?" I ask. "You live with Ryder!?!?" They shout in unison. I spit my water all over Ryder. "WHAT?!? I don't live with Ryder! I live next to Ryder!!" I exclaim, denying everything spewing from their mouths.

Then I remembered that I spit my water all over Ryder. I turn to face him and see a drop of water fall from his soaked hair. "Woops." i nervously chuckle. Grabbing some napkins I stand on my knees in the booth and start wiping the water off his hair and face. Avoiding his eyes is impossible. I can feel his boring into my skull.

Finishing up his hair, I get out of the booth and bump into the two people I've hated all my life. My parents. My eyes widen at their presence.

My dad looks the same, short curly brown hair, grey eyes, dimples, straight nose, and still 6'3". My mother, shoulder - length black hair, purple eyes, light pink lips, button nose, and 5' 6".

My mother scowls at me. "Watch where your going!" Flipping her hair she walks away. My father turning to follow her. I grab his wrist, "Dad?" I say. His eyes widen as well. "No it's not possible. We left you! Why do you have black hair? It was red!" I start tearing up. "You left me and kept Shayna and Brianna. Did you know they escaped? Did you!?!?" I huff in annoyance. "That's what I thought. You don't deserve to be parents." I let go of hid wrist and walk off.

Hearing fast paced foot steps I turn around. "What do you want Ryder?" I ask him. "Who were those two?" He asks. "My deadbeat parents. Nick and Claire Winters." I spat out their names as if they were the scum of the earth. "What did they do to you?" He asks.

I look up to him and see every feature on his face showing worry. 'Interesting.' "You wanna know what they did? I'll tell you. They left their four year old daughter at an orphanage. Kept her younger twin sisters and disowned her. They didn't even keep contact. They just up and left. Making sure to move far away. A dangerous man however wanted the red haired girl. She wasn't with he family so he took her younger sisters and kept them for 12 years. Then they randomly show up 21 years later and still hate their daughter!!" I scream, tears streaming down my face.

Ryder nods and walks me back to the group. "Still up for Truth or Dare at Ryder's house?" Alex asks. I glare at him then smile nodding my head. "Ya sure! It would lift my mood I guess." I say sniffling. Ryder grabs my hand and throws away our food. Guiding me to my car he puts me in the drivers seat and says, "Je te verrai là ma belle fleur." (I'll see you there, my beautiful flower.) He smirks then winks at me. I chuckle and lightly push him away. "Tu as l'air un peu rouge là Ryder." (You look a little red there Ryder.) He wasn't actually red, but I wanted to tease him. He blushes and turns away to his car. I chuckle and drive to Ryder's house.

I knock on the door and a girl opens the door. Getting a closer look I see it's Angela. My eyes widen. "Angela?" Her eyes widen as well. "Violet? It's good to see you!" She says ushering me inside. "Sooo~" I smirk at her. "What happened to Austin?" I ask. She laughs really hard. "So turns out he is gay. A year after you left we were half way through sophomore year when Austin came out saying he was gay. Not long after he started dating a guy named Zen. We already gave them a ship name the next day. It was Zestin!" (That's right Angela, I put it in! 🤣)

"Are you dating anyone then?" I ask her. "Yes actually. His name is Jacob. He has brown hair and eyes. He's 6' 2" and has nice and warm hands. We met in senior year of high school." She answers back, her head in the clouds.

By now we are sitting on the couch. The door bell goes off. 'Must be Ryder.'

————————————————————————
Jacob is the new character! P.s. Austin is a real person. He's not gay, but Angela and I ship him with an imaginary person named Zen. Any who, Violets parents are a**holes. Also the Jacob in the story is not real. If there is a person named Jacob with that exact description.....Angela. (Angela described her dream guy for me) Next chapters gonna be filled with some Truths, Dares, and pranks. Be prepared. 😂 (1142 words)